Welcome to the final week for the second season of Gaming Union's community event New Game Plus
! Think of it like a video game bookclub; each week Unionites will all take on the same game and play through to a pre-determined checkpoint. It's just like playing a game normally, but plus
the GU community! The idea of the feature is to encourage more in depth discussion about games in general but pushes people to focus on one title at a time. This can create a space where we can be more analytical or critical about storyline, game mechanics, or share strategies etc. No conversation topic is barred, but you must remember to do your homework to keep up with everyone else!
This season of New Game Plus
has the Unionite Warriors of Light working their way through the classic Final Fantasy I
over the last four weeks. We've collected all of the crystals and are about to save the world! There's just one dungeon between us and the evil Chaos.
This is our final week for Final Fantasy I! Who is going to be able to restore the world to harmony in the face of Chaos? It might be a little too late to join in now, but be sure to look through all of the previous weeks to see everyone's strategies and reflections on the original Final Fantasy game!
We're hoping to split FFI into five sections. This is Week 5.
The checkpoint which you need to play up to is:
Complete the game!
Inside the following spoiler tags is a slightly more in depth description of all the locations you go through plus boss fights before you get to this point, just to dispel any confusion:
Enter Chaos Shrine, Complete the game! (BOSSES: Lich, Marilith, Kraken, Tiamat, Chaos)
ALL DISCUSSION FOR WEEK 5 IN THIS THREAD.
(Previously: Week 1
, Week 2
, Week 3
, Week 4
Also if you need any clarification of the guidelines then please ask!
Have fun exploring, guys!
- You can play any version of this game! There are a fair few out there, so just choose one!
- A new thread will go up each Thursday telling you where the next check point is. All discussion for each section must go in the relevant threads. Previous threads will remain open to let people catch up and let the conversation continue.
- You MUST resist playing on past the scheduled check points. For these discussion threads to work we need to all be at the same point in the game. Besides, it's not in the spirit of this activity!
- Please don't post spoilers for things that haven't happened in the game yet. We love that you're enthusiastic about it, but some people will be playing for the first time.
- However, you CAN post spoilers for anything that happens within the given section of the game, so long as you use tags [ spoiler][/spoiler ] to protect those still playing through.
- Talk about anything and everything! Story is just one aspect, but if you love the music or hate the map, then speak up! Get a little more specific and in depth than usual!
- If you get hopelessly stuck, you're encouraged to say so in this thread as soon as you can, and I can guarantee that there'll be a whole bunch of people willing to offer up their strategies or tips.
- On the converse, feel free to challenge yourself if you've played the game a billion times before! Suggested challenges could be a Solo Run or a party of White Mages!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!