GamingUnion.net

Community

Is it Worth It?

Axeken
Super Unionite
December 18, 2011 10:01:15 PM   

Would it be worth buying a Classic Controller to play The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and possibly Four Swords Adventures? I'm getting into the Zelda series pretty quickly and would like to know whether to get the games mentions as GameCube games for my Wii or wait for Remakes or something. Please help. Smile

[Image: deathbytray1287.png]

Currently Playing: nothing really...
Last Finished: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)/ The Playroom (All Trophies) (PS4)
Last Bought: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

Currently Watching (on air): Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Hannibal, Game of Thrones
Currently Watching (off air): Pushing Daises Season 1
Last TV Series Completed: Attack on Titan Season 1 (onto my first manga now)
Last Movie(s) Watched: Captain America: The Winter Solider (3 times now; really great) & The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro (heaps better than the first and what I'd thought it'd be)
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
December 18, 2011 10:14:47 PM   

If by Classic Controller, you mean the controller for the Wii that you plug into the Wii remote, NO, it is not, because you cannot use the Classic Controller for Gamecube games, you have to get an actual Gamecube controller to play them (but the classic controller is good for like Virtual Console games and such)
As for getting a controller to play gamecube games, an actual gamecube controller is indeed worth it. there are some great GC games out there, and if you have a GBA or 2 around, it may also be worth it to pick up the GBA-GC link cable or two (one for each of your gba's) so that you can use multiplayer on Four Sword Adventures (plus I find FSA is better played on a GBA anyway) and so you could use the Tingle Tuner on Wind Waker

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

YouLovePatrick
Super Unionite
December 19, 2011 01:07:27 PM   

I would buy it. It isn't very expensive and it makes the experience much much better.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
December 19, 2011 04:58:31 PM   

Zero is spot on. I was so annoyed to find that the Classic controller doesn't work for GC games on the Wii. Oh well, I use it for Virtual Console games, which works great (when the VC game doesn't freeze) because of the Wireless attachability to the Wiimote.

As for waiting on remakes, I wouldn't when it comes to Zelda. Ocarina of Time 3DS was a fluke. Generally all they do is ports (GBA, VC, and DSstore) and never really remakes. So snatch them up and dive in!

optymaliz
New Recruit
April 14, 2012 10:05:20 AM   

Hello

I think, yes worth it. You will see during game ! I have this same !

Regards