I would like to announce that Gaming Union now has a Ventrilo server. For people who do not know what Ventrilo is, it basically is a server where you can have voice and text chats. Ventrilo servers are ideal for running in the background while playing games, which is perfect for when the GU clans begin
Like to give a shout out to R3DM4N for the guide on how to connect. Enjoy
Download Ventrillo here
Basic install...once installed -
1) Start the Ventrilo program. Click on the Start button, click on Programs and then click on Ventrilo. This will display another menu option called Ventrilo that will start the actual program.
2) Click on the "->" button that is next to the first pulldown window called "User Name". This will open a new window where you can create a logon name to be used when connecting to a server.
3) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter your logon name. The name you enter is entirely up to you. It can be your real name or a nick name. Eg : R3DM@N
4) Click the "OK" button.
5) Now that we are back to the main window click on the "->" button that is next to the pulldown window called "Server". This will open a new window where you can enter the details about the server you would like to connect to.
6) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter a name that will describe the new server eg : Gaming Union Server.
7) Click "OK".
8) Click on the "Hostname or IP" input box and enter - V41.DARKSTARLLC.COM
9) Click on the "Port number" input box and enter - 4199
10) Click on the "Password" input box and enter - Password on request(Private Message R3DM4N, Beyhan or Chloe)
Please note : The password will change on rotation and you will be told when it does change via a thread, if you have trouble - either message R3DM4N, Beyhan or Chloe for the latest password.
11) Click "OK" to return to the Ventrilo main window.
12) Click "Connect" to establish a connection between you and the server you just defined.
13) Once connected click "Setup" on the right hand side of Ventrilo and be sure to tick "Enable outgoing communications" + "Use Push to Talk Hotkey (PTT Mode)" + "Use direct input to detect Hotkey".
Also in the "Hotkey" box make sure you set a push to talk hotkey and tick "Use direct sound" for both the Output and Input devices.
Any problems message R3DM4N or Beyhan. Get amongst our server and enjoy