Hello everyone and welcome back to Gaming Union's Community bookclub activity, New Game Plus
. As a group of gamers, members of GU come together with an on-going game and pre-determined checkpoint which we all play to for that specific week. Through this community event, participants find themselves all fighting the same bosses and travelling the same areas of the map, and because of this have lots of topics to discuss as they know there'll be other people who know exactly what they're talking about because they'll have just played it too! It's exactly like playing a game normally, but plus
the GU community! The feature encourages more in depth discussion about games by pushing people to focus on one title at a time. This can create a space where we can be more analytical or critical about levelling systems or art design. No conversation topic is barred, but you must remember to do your homework to keep up with everyone else!
At the moment New Game Plus
and the Unionite Warriors of Light are working their way through the quintessential Final Fantasy I
! Last week, our adventurers finally got around to restoring the Earth Crystal and the Fire Crystal. Dungeon crawling and grinding aplenty, I think it's about time that we took to the skies...
This is our third week! There's been plenty of grinding so far, but we're slowly making our way towards saving the world from an evil force! Check out below for the guidelines to participate and details of where to start from and where the next checkpoint in the game will be. Make sure to come back regularly to let us know how you're finding the game!
We're hoping to split FFI into five sections. This is Week 3.
The checkpoint which you need to play up to is:
Get to the Entrance of Mirage Tower
Inside the following spoiler tags is a slightly more in depth description of all the locations you go through plus boss fights before you get to this point, just to dispel any confusion:
Get Airship (Acquire Levistone from the Ice Cave, then travel to Ryukahn Desert), Get 3rd crystal (Water) from Water Shrine, Enter Mirage Tower (Acquire Oxyale in Gaia)
(BOSSES: Evil Eye, Kraken)
(If you wish, you can also do the optional class-up sidequest which you can return to later if you don't have time for now!)
ALL DISCUSSION FOR WEEK 3 IN THIS THREAD.
(Previously: Week 1
, Week 2
Also if you need any clarification of the guidelines then please ask!
Have fun exploring, guys!
- You can play any version of this game! There are a fair few out there, so just choose one!
- A new thread will go up each Thursday telling you where the next check point is. All discussion for each section must go in the relevant threads. Previous threads will remain open to let people catch up and let the conversation continue.
- You MUST resist playing on past the scheduled check points. For these discussion threads to work we need to all be at the same point in the game. Besides, it's not in the spirit of this activity!
- Please don't post spoilers for things that haven't happened in the game yet. We love that you're enthusiastic about it, but some people will be playing for the first time.
- However, you CAN post spoilers for anything that happens within the given section of the game, so long as you use tags [ spoiler][/spoiler ] to protect those still playing through.
- Talk about anything and everything! Story is just one aspect, but if you love the music or hate the map, then speak up! Get a little more specific and in depth than usual!
- If you get hopelessly stuck, you're encouraged to say so in this thread as soon as you can, and I can guarantee that there'll be a whole bunch of people willing to offer up their strategies or tips.
- On the converse, feel free to challenge yourself if you've played the game a billion times before! Suggested challenges could be a Solo Run or a party of White Mages!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!