Welcome to another week of Gaming Union's community event New Game Plus
! Think of it like a video game bookclub; each week Unionites will all take on the same game and play through to a pre-determined checkpoint. It's just like playing a game normally, but plus
the GU community! The idea of the feature is to encourage more in depth discussion about games in general but pushes people to focus on one title at a time. This can create a space where we can be more analytical or critical about storyline, game mechanics, etc. No conversation topic is barred, but you must remember to do your homework to keep up with everyone else!
At the moment New Game Plus
and the Unionite Warriors of Light are working their way through the classic Final Fantasy I
and have collected three crystals! Many of us have already completed our class up quests after rendevousing with the awesome Bahamut. With the Earth Crystal, Fire Crystal and Water Crystals under our belts, it's time to explore the Wind Temple...
This is our fourth and penultimate week! Just one more crystal to collect and then we'll be so close to saving the world! Check out the guidelines to participate and for details of where to start from and where the next checkpoint in the game will be. Make sure to come back regularly to let us know how you're finding the game!
We're hoping to split FFI into five sections. This is Week 4.
The checkpoint which you need to play up to is:
Get the 4th Crystal
Inside the following spoiler tags is a slightly more in depth description of all the locations you go through plus boss fights before you get to this point, just to dispel any confusion:
Go through the Mirage Tower Dungeon, Enter the Flying Fortress (Acquire the Warp Cube from Waterfall Cave), Get 4th crystal (Wind) from Flying Fortress (BOSSES: Blue Dragon, Tiamat)
ALL DISCUSSION FOR WEEK 4 IN THIS THREAD.
(Previously: Week 1
, Week 2
, Week 3
Also if you need any clarification of the guidelines then please ask!
Have fun exploring, guys!
- You can play any version of this game! There are a fair few out there, so just choose one!
- A new thread will go up each Thursday telling you where the next check point is. All discussion for each section must go in the relevant threads. Previous threads will remain open to let people catch up and let the conversation continue.
- You MUST resist playing on past the scheduled check points. For these discussion threads to work we need to all be at the same point in the game. Besides, it's not in the spirit of this activity!
- Please don't post spoilers for things that haven't happened in the game yet. We love that you're enthusiastic about it, but some people will be playing for the first time.
- However, you CAN post spoilers for anything that happens within the given section of the game, so long as you use tags [ spoiler][/spoiler ] to protect those still playing through.
- Talk about anything and everything! Story is just one aspect, but if you love the music or hate the map, then speak up! Get a little more specific and in depth than usual!
- If you get hopelessly stuck, you're encouraged to say so in this thread as soon as you can, and I can guarantee that there'll be a whole bunch of people willing to offer up their strategies or tips.
- On the converse, feel free to challenge yourself if you've played the game a billion times before! Suggested challenges could be a Solo Run or a party of White Mages!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!