GamingUnion.net

Community

Mega Man Battle Network Series

Fate
New Recruit
July 03, 2010 10:30:44 PM   

Back when I was a little younger, I remember loving Mega Man. I still do. The platformer games were fun, but my favorite was the RPG-like Battle Network series. I've played all six of them, with almost every version except for 3: Blue (and if you count it, 5: Double Team for the DS).

I had loads of fun playing the games, though. The battle chips were awesome, and the new features that appeared with each was great. The Souls were my favorite, and I thought the Styles in 3 were kind of a pain to get. X.X It was also fun experimenting with the different combination of battle chips and then seeing the screen faded and flash once you get a program advance. =D

I don't think I ever got every icon for any of the games, though. >< I did get to Forte (Bass) in all them, though. The last was my favorite in terms of content and story, though.

Now you have the Starforce games, which also use battle chips, I think. But I haven't played them yet. >> That's a different topic, though.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

bobodahobo
Unionite
July 04, 2010 05:33:07 PM   

i have all of them for gba on my ipod and well they kindr suck

[Image: ffv13noctis3copie.jpg]
no i didnt draw this but i just had to use it Big Grin
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
July 05, 2010 04:16:23 AM   

I found the battle network to be ok. Nothing really impressive though. If you want a great Mega Man RPG, I would suggest Mega Man X Command Mission for PS2 and GC

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Abe
Veteran Unionite
Recently Collected
PS3Persona 4 Arena
PSNAwesomenauts
PS3Tales of Graces f
July 05, 2010 04:53:42 AM   

I had Blue Moon and Red Sun and didn't get far (when I was 9ish). I lost the games and then I met my good friend last year and he let me borrow 4 5 and 6 and I'm right before the last duo for Super Hard on Blue Moon. It's a great game lol

[Image: aquarender.jpg][Image: gfs9620614.jpg]
June Member of the Month and 10000th poster of the 10000 posts thread

Adara
New Recruit
July 10, 2010 02:04:54 AM   

The Mega Man Battle Network series is one of Capcom's Mega Man series and debuted in 2001 on the Game Boy Advance. It is a spin-off series based on the original Mega Man. In Japan, as of the release of Rockman EXE Transmission in 2003, the series has been known as Rockman EXE; prior to this it was called Battle Network Rockman EXE. There are six main Battle Network games as well as several side-story or gaiden games.

akisura12
Peace Keeper
July 18, 2010 12:01:52 PM   

Haha, watched that series when it aired as a TV series on Kids WB when I was younger. I loved it sooo much, and then I started playing the games, and....thought they were too hardRolleyes. (the only games I played back then were Pokémon!) Oops.
Anyway, I played Starforce when I was older, and I enjoyed that Smile.

May 2010 Member of the Month
"GU's biggest peace keeper"-Aaron; So there.

soccerdude240
Haterade rains
July 19, 2010 11:57:15 AM   

I really liked the last two of the Battle Network Series. Six really perfected what they where trying to do, but the final boss was pretty easy for me. Cybeast Gregar. The ending cutscene that the have take place in Lan's future was a really good way to end the series.

We're all looking for a hero in a world of villains.
[Image: anti_mind_virus-1.png]
PSN SOG_Haterade

Lukar
Super Unionite
July 19, 2010 10:31:18 PM   

Battle Network was fun, but the games were too short, and there wasn't much to do after you beat one of them. It also didn't help that they all played exactly the same... That said, though, I played through them starting with the second one (I'd play the first one, but I'm waiting for the enhanced DS port to come overseas) until the very end.

Cactuar888
Video Game Junkie!!
July 21, 2010 12:04:50 AM   

OMG i am the bomb at MMBN!!! i only played 1-4 but oo i was good. I always used time bombs, invis and PA like Z-Step Sword or life swrd!!

hey check out this picture i have as my wall paper kind of old but it's cool

[Image: 59834-Mega%20Man%2020ths.jpg]

Targeted and Firing
[Image: qyy9ux.jpg]

UniversalAnarchist
New Recruit
July 01, 2012 01:11:58 PM   

The MMBN games were great! i particularly didnt like 4: red sun too much because o how easy the final boss was but my favorite has to be #6. tied all of the concepts together very well and added new ones and just made the game feel really great Smile

my new review blog. check it out! the2upblog.wordpress.com