GamingUnion.net

Community

KHU 48: Kingdom Hearts holiday fanfiction!

Tweex
Managing Director
Administrators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
3DSSuper Mario 3D Land
December 04, 2012 02:20:30 PM   

[Image: kingdom-hearts-union.jpg]

The end of 2012 is upon us and Kingdom Hearts Union is back for its last show of the year. This week Branden is joined by Churro and they bro it up this episode. First up is the news even though the KH universe is staying pretty quiet right now. However, the guys report on an update for KH 1.5 HD which tells us that the game is 80-90% completed with a new feature for those people who complete the game. The duo speculate what the addition could be.

In addition, Churro announces a special KH 10th Anniversary Podcast that will feature people from KHU as well as a multitude of other people from the KH fan population! You definitely won't want to miss it. Next up is the Burning Question and the guys read your responses from last show's question. There are some fantastic answers with one very special fan fiction story. Be sure to get your answers in for the new question which is "How can KH stay relevant until KH3 comes out?"

Without missing a step, the guys start answering your questions which includes how much longer SE be able to focus on side stories rather than the main storyline, will KH3 be on the PS3 or the Wii U, what Disney worlds would you want to see Final Fantasy character show up in, and more! To close out this final show of the year, the guys choose a great remix of Dearly Beloved that you're sure to enjoy! Have a wonderful holiday, and great new year, and we'll see you in 2013!

Subscribe to Kingdom Hearts Union on iTunes

Direct Link

RSS Feed

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Crimsonfeathers
New Recruit
December 04, 2012 07:27:28 PM   

Great podcast as always guys! I always love to listen, even if I don't always have the chance to comment.

Burning Question: I think a great thing for SE to do would to release things over different forms of media in regular intervals until KH3 comes out. For instance: something along the lines of tech demos, where we get to experiment with different forms of combat, or customizable content, and get to report back to SE on what we thought of it. The demos could come in the form of DLC for KH1.5, and I think getting to play around with potential KH3 content without actually revealing anything about KH3's story would be a good way to keep the game on people's minds. As for the franchise as a whole, KH1.5 itself is exactly what the series has been needing: all of the story content available on one console for everyone to get a hold of. Something I've personally wanted for a long time, and I think could really excite people for the series, is an anime adaptation of the series. It could be like the manga and have slight variations from the game, but have a little darker tone like the latter part of the series has gone for, and just overall perhaps draw in an older crowd that might not have been interested in the franchise otherwise. And just think about being able to sit back and watch all those awesome boss fights, without having to worry about dying!

Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Jon Solitude
New Recruit
December 04, 2012 08:35:50 PM   

Burning Question: I think a way that Kingdom Hearts can stay relevant before KH3 is for them to start uploading new Viral Hype Video Promos similar to the secret ending videos in the games, so instead of your typical trailer videos saying this game is coming out!, you'll spark up conversation in the KH community talking about what they think the promo videos are about. It would certainly spark up conversation after all the secret endings always leave you scratching your head thinking "what the hell is going on :O lol". Love the show btw guys keep it up Smile

branden
Unionite
Recently Collected
PS3L.A. Noire
December 04, 2012 11:04:57 PM   

Here's a direct link to the KH artwork that I mentioned on the show!

http://fav.me/d5kro22

Please watch me on DeviantArt if you have an account! You'll be the first to see my KH comic which should be done within the next 1-2 weeks. It's effectively my response to what I think a Kingdom Hearts Christmas would be like Smile! I appreciate all the support I've been getting so far! Thank you all very much! Big Grin

roobz
New Recruit
December 05, 2012 01:32:44 PM   

Burning Question: I think that,SE has already done what it had to.and maybe even a little more!
Example: first there was Kingdom Hearts,and then there was KH Chain of Memories.at the end of the KH COM we saw sora,donald and goofy goig to a deep sleep.and then there was KH 385/2 days,which was the events that happened after sora went to sleep.
And THEN,there was Kingdom Hearts II which was the following of other three games.
And they really did a great job with the improvements in the gameplay,costume changings,graphics and all other things in the game from KH to KH II.so now we have all we need for the next big title (KH III),we know how the hole story began,we know what the letter ment in the Ending of KH II,Both Keyblade wielders,Sora and Riku passed the mastery exam,we know somehow whats gonna happen next.
The only thing which has still remained a question is: hows Aqua doing? And I think were gonna find that out in KH III ( at least I hope).so,here we are,we are all ready for the KH III.

Skyler127
New Recruit
December 06, 2012 09:40:01 AM   

Great podcast!

Burning Question: I can't believe I'm saying this, but Kingdom Hearts should take a page out of the FFXIII playbook. The 13 team has been doing somewhat daily updates on FB and Twitter for Lightning Returns. Unfortunately, with Nomura being Nomura, it might be difficult to get updates.

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
December 06, 2012 08:34:47 PM   

Branden's Morgan Freeman impression kind of has a southern twang to it. Like if Morgan Freeman was a Texan oil tycoon.

Amaiguri
New Recruit
December 08, 2012 01:30:18 AM   

Hey Branden and Churro! I was so very happy that you chose my answer! It means so much to me to hear my stuff read and praised like that! I am a girl, so you got that right. Thank you for reading! It was SOOOOO exciting for me!

Burning Question: In order to keep KH relevant for us, I think they need to make their games and their plots more accessible to new/incoming fans or returning fans who have not played side games and only played KH1 and 2. And in order to do that, I think their re-release of Kingdom Hearts in the form of KH1.5, but of course it needs to be availible to Americans, Europeans, and any other territories that have had KH titles that have seen Kingdom Hearts games. Additionally, I think it would be really great if they could make fun trailers as pretty, unvoiced cutscenes, even though that would take resources. Think sorta like the trailer for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It never appeared in game but it was a pretty cutscene, captured the mood of the game, and got me interested in the franchise. If they released these short, little scenes periodically, I think they could attract a lot of attention to the series!

branden
Unionite
Recently Collected
PS3L.A. Noire
December 08, 2012 01:26:49 PM   

(December 08, 2012 01:30:18 AM)Amaiguri Wrote:  Hey Branden and Churro! I was so very happy that you chose my answer! It means so much to me to hear my stuff read and praised like that! I am a girl, so you got that right. Thank you for reading! It was SOOOOO exciting for me!

Burning Question: In order to keep KH relevant for us, I think they need to make their games and their plots more accessible to new/incoming fans or returning fans who have not played side games and only played KH1 and 2. And in order to do that, I think their re-release of Kingdom Hearts in the form of KH1.5, but of course it needs to be availible to Americans, Europeans, and any other territories that have had KH titles that have seen Kingdom Hearts games. Additionally, I think it would be really great if they could make fun trailers as pretty, unvoiced cutscenes, even though that would take resources. Think sorta like the trailer for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It never appeared in game but it was a pretty cutscene, captured the mood of the game, and got me interested in the franchise. If they released these short, little scenes periodically, I think they could attract a lot of attention to the series!

No prob! Keep up the good work Smile!

Also I just thought of a Disney film that would never be used in KH. It's an obscure one, but it's called Song of the South. Disney never released it for home video as it was too racist. It should be familiar to anyone that's seen a Disney Sing-A-Long video or been to Disney World or Disney Land and been on Splash Mountain.

Jon Solitude
New Recruit
December 13, 2012 09:11:44 PM   

(December 08, 2012 01:26:49 PM)branden Wrote:  No prob! Keep up the good work Smile!

Also I just thought of a Disney film that would never be used in KH. It's an obscure one, but it's called Song of the South. Disney never released it for home video as it was too racist. It should be familiar to anyone that's seen a Disney Sing-A-Long video or been to Disney World or Disney Land and been on Splash Mountain.

I agree with you there branden, I doubt will ever see Song of the South in the Kingdom Hearts series. Still wanna see sora, donald & goofy as mice from The Rescuers trying to escape an organ in this clip lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lLzlaQTG4A

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
KHU 49: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD has a release date! 11 January 31, 2013 11:21:14 PM
Last Post: Chocobro
KHU 47: Kingdom Hearts HD is getting closer! 13 December 03, 2012 02:47:13 PM
Last Post: roobz
KHU 46: Play Kingdom Hearts on Facebook 15 October 27, 2012 10:28:36 PM
Last Post: sumesoramy