Kid
The Demon from the North Sea...
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PS3PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
January 02, 2013 10:34:25 PM   

From Saturday morning cartoons to the full-fledged animated films, we've all had been exposed to some form of animation. Out of everything we've seen, we've definitely had our favorite studios and we'd watch a lot that comes out of that studio. What is your favorite studio, and why?

For me, I'm gonna have to go with a company called Digital Frontier. They are mostly known for their CGI work, such as the Appleseed CGI films and the two CGI Resident Evil films, though they have done some live action, most notable being the live action Death Note. I like them because I like the realistic animation they do, even with their anime style. I have issues with a lot of other anime styles, but generally, not with Digital Frontier's. It just...looks right to me...XD

[Image: scaled.php?server=201&filename=k...es=landing]
PSN: Razgriz247 Steam: Razgriz247
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Sam
Ugh.
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCSouth Park: The Stick of Truth
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Resogun
January 04, 2013 05:57:30 PM   

Duhh, can this thread exist without a mentioning Pixar? That place is like no other, their animations are endearing and the movies they make second to none in many ways. I can't think of a Pixar movie I dislike!

Sam's song of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gf5bXR-Ucg
Sam's video of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtL5Neb9yU

I like sports as well as games:
[Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: mwxloi.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: sqjhfp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 2zxw9rt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: ej6k5z.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29p84sy.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 15vxbp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 34j595l.png][Image: 2ljqej4.png][Image: zq3is.png][Image: jtuijk.png][Image: anngpe.png][Image: 2wqv2ns.png][Image: 2lwuh5u.png][Image: hrbszn.png][Image: 2qmozl5.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 3507apt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29opnrr.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 10zr79f.png][Image: 5plgd2.png]
PSN | Steam | Profile | Rules | Staff
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Kid
The Demon from the North Sea...
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PS3PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
January 04, 2013 06:15:30 PM   

(January 04, 2013 05:57:30 PM)Sam Wrote:  I can't think of a Pixar movie I dislike!

Cars and/or Cars 2?...XD I think they are the worse of the bunch...

[Image: scaled.php?server=201&filename=k...es=landing]
PSN: Razgriz247 Steam: Razgriz247

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
January 04, 2013 06:47:16 PM   

For movies I'll say Disney in the pre-Pixar/CGI days. Pixar do good animation work but I'm not into the movies.

For TV I'd go with Rough Draft Studios who do a buttload of stuff but the stand out for me is Futurama. Apart from being a great show they do some awesome CGI that's stylised to look like traditional animation and it blends seamlessly into the cell shaded universe.

Sam
Ugh.
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCSouth Park: The Stick of Truth
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Resogun
January 08, 2013 08:53:19 AM   

(January 04, 2013 06:15:30 PM)Kid Wrote:  Cars and/or Cars 2?...XD I think they are the worse of the bunch...

Psst... I actually *haven't seen them*. :O lol The only ones I haven't, so I can't comment. xD

(January 04, 2013 06:47:16 PM)Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong Wrote:  For TV I'd go with Rough Draft Studios who do a buttload of stuff but the stand out for me is Futurama. Apart from being a great show they do some awesome CGI that's stylised to look like traditional animation and it blends seamlessly into the cell shaded universe.

I can agree with that, love the 3D but not 3D, 2D but with a bit of 3D universe of Futurama. Big Grin

Sam's song of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gf5bXR-Ucg
Sam's video of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtL5Neb9yU

I like sports as well as games:
[Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: mwxloi.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: sqjhfp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 2zxw9rt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: ej6k5z.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29p84sy.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 15vxbp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 34j595l.png][Image: 2ljqej4.png][Image: zq3is.png][Image: jtuijk.png][Image: anngpe.png][Image: 2wqv2ns.png][Image: 2lwuh5u.png][Image: hrbszn.png][Image: 2qmozl5.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 3507apt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29opnrr.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 10zr79f.png][Image: 5plgd2.png]
PSN | Steam | Profile | Rules | Staff
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user