Kid
The Demon from the North Sea...
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PS3PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
February 01, 2013 03:15:05 AM   

It’s been a long while, but GU movie nights are coming back, even better than ever!

GU @ the Movies is basically a community event where everyone watches a certain movie and discusses their thoughts on it.

However, this time, movie nights will be a bit different. In the past, it was hard to organize a single day for everyone to watch a movie on a certain website together. This time, movie nights will be similar to GU’s NGP (New Game Plus), where people who wish to participate acquire the movie themselves and then watch it within a certain amount of time, very much like a book club. There will be spoilers for each film in the discussions, so be careful about looking at the discussion before watching the film.

To make GU @ the Movies work, we need feedback from YOU!
-What are some movie suggestions that you have? Most films are on the table, but please make sure the movie is appropriate.
-What do you think the time period between movies on GU @ the Movies should go on for?
-Should we have focused discussions on certain aspects of the movie?

Any other thoughts, suggestions, and ideas are more than welcomed. We’d really appreciate it!

[Image: scaled.php?server=201&filename=k...es=landing]
PSN: Razgriz247 Steam: Razgriz247
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Jaded
New Recruit
Recently Collected
VitaZero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
PS3Deus Ex: Human Revolution
PCThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
February 01, 2013 04:07:15 AM   

Could give people a week to watch the movie and then a week for discussion. As for focused discussions it really depends on the movie.

Movie suggestions:

-Network
-Wag the Dog
-The Cabin in the Woods
-Once Were Warriors

[Image: signature002.png]
Kid
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
February 01, 2013 01:57:37 PM   

I was also thinking, unlike NGP, sequels would play more importance in @ the Movies, since that way some movies get the best experience...

Varnis
Hero of Dawn
Recently Collected
3DSShin Megami Tensei IV
3DSProject X Zone
PS3The Last of Us
February 01, 2013 06:28:33 PM   

sounds like a good idea, I just don't know what movie to suggest, INFINITE POSSIBILITIES! ^_^

[Image: 6852780709_7115ba23f2.jpg][Image: minato_arisato__signature__by_pikachumas...35dqd7.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Kid
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
February 01, 2013 06:46:59 PM   

(February 01, 2013 06:28:33 PM)Varnis Wrote:  sounds like a good idea, I just don't know what movie to suggest, INFINITE POSSIBILITIES! ^_^

Anything you want...We'll just have a good list of movies to go watch...XD

Varnis
Hero of Dawn
Recently Collected
3DSShin Megami Tensei IV
3DSProject X Zone
PS3The Last of Us
February 01, 2013 07:19:29 PM   

I'm actually thinking maybe since Iron Man 3 is coming out in the next few months, why don't we watch the other 2 Iron Mans in anticipation? or other Marvel Films

[Image: 6852780709_7115ba23f2.jpg][Image: minato_arisato__signature__by_pikachumas...35dqd7.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

TheNinjaMax
Ninjas...Damn!
Recently Collected
PS3The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
PS3Deus Ex: Human Revolution
PS3Super Street Fighter IV
February 01, 2013 08:12:14 PM   

(February 01, 2013 07:19:29 PM)Varnis Wrote:  I'm actually thinking maybe since Iron Man 3 is coming out in the next few months, why don't we watch the other 2 Iron Mans in anticipation? or other Marvel Films

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, to be honest. I love me some Iron Man and Robert Downey, Jr., as well.

It would also be interesting to suggest some classics that many may have always been curious to watch, but never got around to it. Granted, I don't expect everybody to chomping at the bit to watch Citizen Kane, but if film school is teaching me anything, just because a film was made so long ago, doesn't mean you can't have an amusing discussion regarding it.

Jus' saying.

---
New sig coming soon...please be excited. Tongue
---
What I'm Playing:
Kingdoms of Amalur, Hearthstone, Skyrim

Twitter | Tumblr | Google+
Kid
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
February 01, 2013 08:18:59 PM   

(February 01, 2013 08:12:14 PM)TheNinjaMax Wrote:  Doesn't sound like a bad idea, to be honest. I love me some Iron Man and Robert Downey, Jr., as well.

It would also be interesting to suggest some classics that many may have always been curious to watch, but never got around to it. Granted, I don't expect everybody to chomping at the bit to watch Citizen Kane, but if film school is teaching me anything, just because a film was made so long ago, doesn't mean you can't have an amusing discussion regarding it.

Jus' saying.

Agreed. There's lots of film I sure people have always wanted to watch, yet for some reason didn't.

On a similar note, foreign films are also possibilities that we can do, since there are a lot of great films that aren't in English.

Varnis
Hero of Dawn
Recently Collected
3DSShin Megami Tensei IV
3DSProject X Zone
PS3The Last of Us
February 01, 2013 08:29:46 PM   

(February 01, 2013 08:18:59 PM)Kid Wrote:  Agreed. There's lots of film I sure people have always wanted to watch, yet for some reason didn't.

On a similar note, foreign films are also possibilities that we can do, since there are a lot of great films that aren't in English.

I'm all for foreign films, I didn't know that was on the table XP

Kid
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
February 01, 2013 08:55:11 PM   

(February 01, 2013 08:29:46 PM)Varnis Wrote:  I'm all for foreign films, I didn't know that was on the table XP

Just as long as it's appropriate. Aka I don't want to have films with nudity in them. The GU audience does have young users, and I don't need parents coming to me...Tongue