Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
February 01, 2013 11:44:31 AM   

With the next Xbox and Playstation consoles drawing near, many news sites begin to buzz with patents and dev kit specs. But we all hope that the desires we have for our consoles are fulfilled. So that said, what is on your wishlist to be included or changed with the next generation of Xbox and Playstation? Be as realistic or dreamtastic as you like.

Next Playstation:
-I would definitely like to see the XMB get it's own designated memory for faster launching.
-Along with the XMB, a designated voice chat that runs cross game.
-A good Hard Drive starting point along with install feature for games (OR)
-Flash memory based cartridges for games.
-Implement the many great social aspects from Vita, including game homescreens where you can keep track of friend achievements and chat.
-Don't break the $400 starting point this time.
-Allow for true remote control/play on Vita. (C'mon, WiiU pulled it off!)
-Do not focus on a niche feature to sell your TVs (IE 3D or 4k HD).
-Do not focus on Move.
-Standby functionality that suspends the game into memory and puts the console in sleep for extended pauses of gameplay that can be resumed on the fly (similar to Vita).

Next Xbox:
-A lot from the Playstation list can apply here.
-Ditch the XboxLive Gold requirement for online and replace it with perks.
-Move to Flash memory based cartridges, Blu-ray, or a new proprietary (larger) medium.
-Get rid of avatars and replace them with a more simplified identity.
-Improve the standard game controller to have a built in battery and ditch the finger stubbing battery pack.
-Like with the Playstation, a Standby functionality similar to Vita.
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Kid
The Demon from the North Sea...
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PS3PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
February 01, 2013 02:04:07 PM   

All I really want in my PS4: backward compatibility. At the very least, up until the PS2. If possible, add PS1 to that list.

Also, add a HDMI cable in the box from the get go. WiiU is doing it...

[Image: scaled.php?server=201&filename=k...es=landing]
PSN: Razgriz247 Steam: Razgriz247

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
February 01, 2013 03:03:42 PM   

(February 01, 2013 02:04:07 PM)Kid Wrote:  All I really want in my PS4: backward compatibility. At the very least, up until the PS2. If possible, add PS1 to that list.

I hear ya on that one, I hope that they will have emulation of all the PSN titles on day one. That way it launches with all the current library. None of this waiting a year for PS1 classics fiasco.

Jaded
New Recruit
Recently Collected
VitaZero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
PS3Deus Ex: Human Revolution
PCThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
February 02, 2013 08:59:31 PM   

No loading, just like in the old days.

[Image: signature002.png]

hunterslasher13
Dennis, Hunter of GU
Recently Collected
VitaUncharted: Golden Abyss
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
February 03, 2013 01:04:33 AM   

For me for the PS4 has to get rid of syncing trophies it's a time waster for me, when I earn a trophy it should automatically update on my account. I'm fine if the PS4 has backwards compatibility up to the PS3(being able to play PS2 and PS1 games doesn't matter to me really since I don't own the games anymore).

Also a better PS store it's kinda crappy now(with a better update time on Tuesday meaning not like 6 pm for me in Toronto). I hope that the next Playstation has a way lower rate of failing on the consumer or none at all(i.e YLOD or the blinking red light that happens after disc game freezes and shuts down the console).

[Image: 13292754502892182.gif][Image: hunterslasher27.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Kid
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
February 03, 2013 01:09:37 AM   

That reminded me of something. I wish for the next gen to get rid of Achievements and Trophies. I find them pointless and a waste of time. A game should be replayed for its own qualities, not because there's something meaningless waiting for them at the end of the road.

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
February 03, 2013 01:46:12 AM   

(February 03, 2013 01:04:33 AM)hunterslasher13 Wrote:  For me for the PS4 has to get rid of syncing trophies it's a time waster for me, when I earn a trophy it should automatically update on my account. I'm fine if the PS4 has backwards compatibility up to the PS3(being able to play PS2 and PS1 games doesn't matter to me really since I don't own the games anymore).

Also a better PS store it's kinda crappy now(with a better update time on Tuesday meaning not like 6 pm for me in Toronto). I hope that the next Playstation has a way lower rate of failing on the consumer or none at all(i.e YLOD or the blinking red light that happens after disc game freezes and shuts down the console).
Definitely agree on the store factor. It's terribly slow as it is now. That would hopefully fix with new hardware.

As for syncing, I agree. Having them sync in real time would be more logical. In all seriousness, such minute data should not take that long to update. Vita's trophy system is a breath of fresh air, and that's on a handheld.

Also, just an FYI in case you weren't aware, you can turn off syncing by hitting Triangle on your trophy icon in the XMB. I turn mine offline until I'm done playing, then I turn it back online and sync now and then. It's important to sync now and then, but I find it nice not having to sync every time I want to check trophy status.

(February 03, 2013 01:09:37 AM)Kid Wrote:  That reminded me of something. I wish for the next gen to get rid of Achievements and Trophies. I find them pointless and a waste of time. A game should be replayed for its own qualities, not because there's something meaningless waiting for them at the end of the road.
I don't think that will ever happen unfortunately for your sake. It's major draw for developers is that it keeps a large group of gamers from beating a game just to immediately sell it to Gamestop. Just like every game has to have DLC and Multiplayer. It's replay value to prevent used sales.

I personally don't mind trophies. Most the time I just ignore them as they don't break the game to not touch them. Only time I touch them is when I really enjoy a game. It just encourages me to seek out things I may never have thought of trying. Case in point, Persona 4 Golden. I beat, and would have probably put it down for another game. But seeking after the SLink trophy, I ended up discovering some pretty significant story and experiences I missed the first time around.

I would however like companies to make Trophies that you enjoy seeking out. Like trying out something different, not massive timewasters that require you to spend stupid amounts of time for no reward. Like Tales of Graces f trophy for getting all battle trophies.. Or Persona 4 Golden's trigger all Rise's dungeon comments.

Kid
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
February 03, 2013 02:38:45 AM   

(February 03, 2013 01:46:12 AM)Zeruel Wrote:  I personally don't mind trophies. Most the time I just ignore them as they don't break the game to not touch them. Only time I touch them is when I really enjoy a game. It just encourages me to seek out things I may never have thought of trying. Case in point, Persona 4 Golden. I beat, and would have probably put it down for another game. But seeking after the SLink trophy, I ended up discovering some pretty significant story and experiences I missed the first time around.

I would however like companies to make Trophies that you enjoy seeking out. Like trying out something different, not massive timewasters that require you to spend stupid amounts of time for no reward. Like Tales of Graces f trophy for getting all battle trophies.. Or Persona 4 Golden's trigger all Rise's dungeon comments.

Why do we need trophies to get the most out of our game? Shouldn't we be adventurous and try to find these things without having be told about it? And shouldn't the game be good enough for players to go on more adventures after the main campaign? This generation of games have left little surprises for players to find and be commended for finding by other players.

We've lost a lot of quality with this generation of games compared to previous generations. Both sides need to focus on quality rather than cash, but that's not likely to happen. Focus less on selling consoles and focus more on getting better quality exclusive games, cause with better games come more console sales...

Axeken
Super Unionite
February 03, 2013 04:35:07 AM   

I want
• The textures to run in 1080p like what PCs can do
• A better running PSN Store
• My trophies and achievements to carry over
• Backwards compatibilities in some capability.
o My suggestion would be: if you had an online pass, you could download the digital version for free or, if you have the trophies/achievements, pay $5 to be able to download it.
• Netflix (Australia has some crappy knock-off service called Quickflix which appears to have no content compared to Netflix)
• The whole PSN/XBLA library available day 1 of launch
• Easier online features for PSN

[Image: deathbytray1287.png]

Currently Playing: nothing really...
Last Finished: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)/ The Playroom (All Trophies) (PS4)
Last Bought: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

Currently Watching (on air): Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Hannibal, Game of Thrones
Currently Watching (off air): Pushing Daises Season 1
Last TV Series Completed: Attack on Titan Season 1 (onto my first manga now)
Last Movie(s) Watched: Captain America: The Winter Solider (3 times now; really great) & The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro (heaps better than the first and what I'd thought it'd be)

bingo
Anjunabeats fan
February 03, 2013 05:03:00 AM   

(February 03, 2013 02:38:45 AM)Kid Wrote:  This generation of games have left little surprises for players to find and be commended for finding by other players.

I've had plenty of surprises and they have mainly came from playing indie games and it's hard to be surprised when there is the thing called the internet that can spoil everything.

PSN ID: Team_Dig_Dug
Steam ID: Team_Dig_Dug

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
E3 2013 Wishlist 11 May 30, 2013 11:13:03 AM
Last Post: Roxas21691
Gaming Industry Wishlist 2012 12 November 29, 2011 10:27:21 PM
Last Post: soccerdude240
What Is Your Holiday Wishlist? 20 December 15, 2010 06:59:13 PM
Last Post: Chloe