GamingUnion.net

Community

Will Sony's Premature PS4 Announcement Pave The Way For Microsoft?

Darryl
Pwnz0rd
Administrators
Recently Collected
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS3Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
February 06, 2013 05:21:45 PM   

Quote:Sony have recently invited gaming journalists from major online publications to reveal what is believed to be their future plans with regards to the PlayStation brand. It is commonly believed that this will include the announcement of the PlayStation 4, but Sony of course have not commented on this rumour.

Full Story: Will Sony's Premature PS4 Announcement Pave The Way For Microsoft?

[Image: Mephman.png]
Twitter: @DarrylGU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

TheNinjaMax
Ninjas...Damn!
Recently Collected
PS3The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
PS3Deus Ex: Human Revolution
PS3Super Street Fighter IV
February 06, 2013 07:23:15 PM   

I agree that Sony shouldn't let the PS4 announcement - if this is, in fact, what the big tease is leading up to - reveal too much of the console, only a "teaser presentation", if you will, about what is to come at this year's E3.

What I'm not entirely sold on is how Sony's early reveal could necessarily be to Microsoft's boon. Vita has been hurting for a lot of reasons, but not entirely by it's early leaks. The sweet spot pricing of the unit meant a boost in prices for the memory card, which seems to be the biggest complaint thus far with the system beside the lack of a "killer app" on the handheld.

While Sony may not be able to do much to save the Vita from an surviving long in a market that's already questionably without much of a future with the rise of mobile gaming, for their sake I hope they've taken the hard lessons from the PS3's market performance and be able to introduce a powerful machine for a reasonable price that promises a great variety of must-play games. When it comes to first and second-party content, Sony has more of an advantage in terms of what teams can make use of the hardware and deliver high-quality content, although Microsoft sure has a nice relationship with third-party developers.

We must also assume that by now, Microsoft already has it's own plans on how to present their new console, that by the time E3 rolls around, Microsoft will either deliver or fail in stealing Sony's thunder (or lack thereof) on their own merit.

---
New sig coming soon...please be excited. Tongue
---
What I'm Playing:
Kingdoms of Amalur, Hearthstone, Skyrim

Twitter | Tumblr | Google+
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

DarthDiggler
New Recruit
February 07, 2013 10:36:53 AM   

Sony could have gone the same route they do all the time using E3 to showcase the PS4, but the fact is if Sony is teasing now that means the real leaks will start happening before E3. E3 may even have playable demos while Microsoft is showcasing a trailer reel (admittedly MS is likely to change their tactics now).

The greater the risk the greater the reward.

Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Axeken
Super Unionite
February 09, 2013 05:56:49 PM   

I think what most of IGN thinks: if Sony does announce PS4, Microsoft wil have to announce their new console before GDC because, if they don't, Sony will have all the next gen spotlight and conversation for until E3. This means that developer will have it tough when talking about their new games.

[Image: deathbytray1287.png]

Currently Playing: nothing really...
Last Finished: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)/ The Playroom (All Trophies) (PS4)
Last Bought: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

Currently Watching (on air): Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Hannibal, Game of Thrones
Currently Watching (off air): Pushing Daises Season 1
Last TV Series Completed: Attack on Titan Season 1 (onto my first manga now)
Last Movie(s) Watched: Captain America: The Winter Solider (3 times now; really great) & The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro (heaps better than the first and what I'd thought it'd be)
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Sam
Ugh.
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCSouth Park: The Stick of Truth
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Resogun
February 09, 2013 07:31:04 PM   

Sony made the mistake of being late to the last generation, as well as not having the right price. They shouldn't be premature, of course, but I think they're really going to try and do everything this time that they didn't for the PS3.

Sam's song of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gf5bXR-Ucg
Sam's video of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtL5Neb9yU

I like sports as well as games:
[Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: mwxloi.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: sqjhfp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 2zxw9rt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: ej6k5z.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29p84sy.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 15vxbp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 34j595l.png][Image: 2ljqej4.png][Image: zq3is.png][Image: jtuijk.png][Image: anngpe.png][Image: 2wqv2ns.png][Image: 2lwuh5u.png][Image: hrbszn.png][Image: 2qmozl5.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 3507apt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29opnrr.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 10zr79f.png][Image: 5plgd2.png]
PSN | Steam | Profile | Rules | Staff

hunterslasher13
Dennis, Hunter of GU
Recently Collected
VitaUncharted: Golden Abyss
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
February 09, 2013 07:34:28 PM   

Still don't thin it's about the PS4, I'll believe it when I see it.

[Image: 13292754502892182.gif][Image: hunterslasher27.png]

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Microsoft Plans To Surprise Everyone And Blow Sony Away At E3 2013 8 June 02, 2013 02:40:46 PM
Last Post: Jared
Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Dominates Sony’s PlayStation 3 4 January 13, 2012 12:31:08 PM
Last Post: Zeruel
Microsoft: Sony Are A Great Partner 10 July 19, 2011 01:18:46 PM
Last Post: Chloe