Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
February 08, 2013 12:54:25 PM   

[Image: 2qxneoz.png]

Welcome to the fifth season of Gaming Union’s community event, New Game Plus (NGP)! For those who don’t know, NGP is a community event where the community gathers to play the same game and playthrough to the same checkpoint each week, it's like playing a game plus the community. By doing this we encourage more in depth discussion about games in general, creating a space where we can be more analytical or critical about game design or mechanics. No conversation topic is barred, but you must remember to do your homework to keep up with everyone else!

In previous seasons of NGP, our community has played 4 games together: the stealth action Metal Gear Solid, classic JRPG Final Fantasy I, the action-adventure Tomb Raider: Legend and the tactical role-playing Valkyria Chronicles. It's been a lot of fun, and with a variety of conversation topics because no conversation topic is barred! The only requirement is that you play through each section with everyone else on the set week, otherwise you'll get left behind. And of course, to truly be taking part, you MUST join in the conversation!

For our fifth season of New Game Plus the game chosen by our community was Legend of Zelda. The first title in the series, originally released in 1986, the significance and impact it had on the gaming community is simply unbelievable, and it’s today one of the most famous franchises in the gaming world. We're going to be starting our first week of adventure next Tuesday, 12th February, on that day, I will post up an article/thread letting you know the rules and also the first checkpoint, so please everyone who is interested in taking part get your hands on a copy as soon as you can!

A good thing about Legend of Zelda showing up in NGP this season, is that the fact that there are many versions of the game, so it’s easy to get a copy of game. The versions of the game which are valid for this group playthrough will be as follows: Nes, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo 3Ds and Virtual console. There are probably even some versions that I've missed out! If you're unsure which version is best for you, drop a comment in this thread and ask!

So what are you waiting for? Get your hands on a copy of the game and look forward to next Tuesday! Feel free to post your comments here on your feelings about the game or New Game Plus! Also let me know if you have any questions on things I haven't yet covered and I'll do my best to answer everything here.

[Image: 102pkk6.png]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
February 08, 2013 07:29:27 PM   

Since this game isn't strictly linear like the later Zelda games are we all going to do same dungeon order just have a rule to do one (or two) dungeons a week of our own choosing? I was also thinking that we should have no limit/restrictions on the exploration of the overworld.

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
February 08, 2013 08:13:12 PM   

Like you said, since this Zelda game isn't linear and we can complete the dungeons in which order we want, so most likely every week people will complete 2 dungeons of their own choice, this way we can have more interesting discussions because most likely people won't chose the same dungeons. As for exploration of the overworld, people are allowed to do so as they please, as long as it doesn't include completing other dungeons besides the 2 you are allowed each week.

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

Shawn
Coder Extraordinaire
Administrators
Recently Collected
PS3The Guided Fate Paradox
VitaValhalla Knights 3
3DSRune Factory 4
February 08, 2013 11:01:47 PM   

I have the 3DS VC version, so I'll probably be joining in on this.

Shawn Collier
Software Engineer | Associate Editor

[Image: Y1huq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Varnis
Hero of Dawn
Recently Collected
3DSShin Megami Tensei IV
3DSProject X Zone
PS3The Last of Us
February 09, 2013 10:30:57 PM   

Just downloaded it onto my 3DS, This'll be fun! Big Grin

[Image: 6852780709_7115ba23f2.jpg][Image: minato_arisato__signature__by_pikachumas...35dqd7.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Simone
Recently Collected
PS3Assassin's Creed III
PS3Mass Effect 3
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
February 11, 2013 05:36:49 PM   

Just got it on my 3ds, I'm excited!

Emi
(Melissa)
Recently Collected
PS3Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles
VitaDanganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
PS3Tales of Xillia
February 11, 2013 09:29:38 PM   

Yep same here, I'll be playing on my 3DS!

[Image: crystalangel23.png]

Torchwood4sp
Super Unionite
February 11, 2013 11:48:31 PM   

gonna bust out the old nes for this bad boy count me in!
GOLD CARTS ALL THE WAY

[Image: d0FWx.jpg?1?5853]

metalsnakejuice
MSJ
Recently Collected
PSNDead Nation
PS3Gran Turismo 5
PS3Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
February 12, 2013 12:06:19 AM   

I very much look forward this.

[Image: 1327834122524.gif]
PSN: metalsnakejuice
Steam: metalsnakejuice

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
February 12, 2013 12:21:42 AM   

I have the GBA version so I've dusted off the old DS Lite and have got it on the charger.

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Introduction 7 March 27, 2014 04:26:22 AM
Last Post: Beyhan
New Game Plus - Infamous: Introduction 0 November 28, 2013 06:11:13 PM
Last Post: Roxas21691
New Game Plus - Kingdom Hearts: Introduction 10 September 11, 2013 02:43:59 PM
Last Post: TheNinjaMax