GamingUnion.net

Community

Next Xbox May Require You To Be Always Online

Torchwood4sp
Super Unionite
February 08, 2013 02:10:37 PM   

Quote:A source reported to Edge Online this week many new pieces of information regarding the next Xbox. Some of the biggest highlights were the fact that you would always need to be online to play any game. Games will also ship with no only a disc, but an activation code, making that copy only work on your system.

Full Story: Next Xbox May Require You To Be Always Online

[Image: d0FWx.jpg?1?5853]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
PS3Ratchet & Clank Collection
February 08, 2013 02:45:30 PM   

if these rumors are true, then this Xbox might end up being a BIG financial loss, not everyone has an internet connection, some people just buy the console because they just play single-player games, add this to the fact that you have to pay to play online ( in the Xbox360 case anyway). There is also the issue that if we are having internet problems, then we won't be able to play games at all. I'm also kind of curious about that activation code, if for some reason our system breaks,or something like that, and we need to replace it, that would mean the games won't work on the new system...

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

final513
Unionite
February 08, 2013 02:47:53 PM   

If this is true...I swear. I don't even wanna go there.

firefly0071
Unionite
February 08, 2013 05:20:04 PM   

I think there are two things that would annoy many gamers: inability to trade and play used games and constant internet connection.

I can live with constant internet connection since I live in a wealthy developed country but there are amny many people in the world where internet is expensive etc.

Jared
Supa' Nerd
February 08, 2013 08:15:45 PM   

I understand wanting to maximize profits by stopping used game sales, but some kids and parents can only afford used games. Also, the internet issue will prevent me from buying one.

-Jared

hunterslasher13
Dennis, Hunter of GU
Recently Collected
VitaUncharted: Golden Abyss
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
February 09, 2013 07:39:57 PM   

This isn't really a wise choice, even PC games can be played offline so I don't see a point in doing this. We are not at that point where we can have a device that can only be access online all that time, I know Microsoft has Xbox Live but there is such thing of being too live(like not all the time 24/7).

[Image: 13292754502892182.gif][Image: hunterslasher27.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Elder Scrolls Online Won't Require PlayStation Plus Subscription 0 January 29, 2014 09:53:57 AM
Last Post: Darryl
PS4's Party Chat, Online Apps And Free-To-Play Games Won't Require Plus Subscription 0 July 29, 2013 03:45:28 PM
Last Post: Roxas21691
Xbox One Will Require Internet Connection 8 May 25, 2013 09:13:44 AM
Last Post: Sam