GamingUnion.net

Community

The Next PlayStation Looking To Cost Around $400

Torchwood4sp
Super Unionite
February 08, 2013 02:31:17 PM   

Quote:The Asahi Shimbun reported on the next PlayStation systems price point for Japan and the price will be over 40,000 Yen. This is around $428 and is the first time we have heard anything on the systems price over the past few years. It would show that Sony is not scared to take a loss on their next major console when compared to the Wii U and Microsoft's next console.

Full Story: The Next PlayStation Looking To Cost Around $400

[Image: d0FWx.jpg?1?5853]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
February 08, 2013 02:49:09 PM   

the price looks good for a next-gen console, but still, i still think the gaming industry isn't ready for the next generation yet, so even though the price is good, i doubt the sales will be much higher compared to the ps3 launch sales.

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

Torchwood4sp
Super Unionite
February 08, 2013 02:53:45 PM   

(February 08, 2013 02:49:09 PM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  the price looks good for a next-gen console, but still, i still think the gaming industry isn't ready for the next generation yet, so even though the price is good, i doubt the sales will be much higher compared to the ps3 launch sales.

I know it is sometimes harder to see it from a consumers point of view, but having console cycles that last around 10 years is actually more damaging than some may thing. A lot of interest dies down as people wait for the next big thing to come out and what not happen.

[Image: d0FWx.jpg?1?5853]
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
February 08, 2013 03:01:55 PM   

(February 08, 2013 02:53:45 PM)Torchwood4sp Wrote:  I know it is sometimes harder to see it from a consumers point of view, but having console cycles that last around 10 years is actually more damaging than some may thing. A lot of interest dies down as people wait for the next big thing to come out and what not happen.

True, but the current generations has too many issues, i don't think it's a good idea to move to the next generations without at least "fix" those issues, games in the current generation require patches all the time and it's getting worse kaunch after launch, the fact most games need to install data inside our system in order to work ( sometimes it's 4gb or more!), the fact the companies are abusing in DLCs, among many other issues... i seriously hope Sony takes this kind of things into account.

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

TheNinjaMax
Ninjas...Damn!
Recently Collected
PS3The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
PS3Deus Ex: Human Revolution
PS3Super Street Fighter IV
February 08, 2013 03:04:23 PM   

(February 08, 2013 02:49:09 PM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  the price looks good for a next-gen console, but still, i still think the gaming industry isn't ready for the next generation yet, so even though the price is good, i doubt the sales will be much higher compared to the ps3 launch sales.

The developers and publishers would gravely disagree with you. Also, considering that console cycles average four to five-years span, now is probably as good a time as any to roll out the new hardware.

In terms of sales, that will rely heavily on how this new console is revealed, what games are going to be on this thing, when it is launched, and how well Sony markets the PS4 to it's launch. This E3 is shaping up to be an exciting year, indeed.

---
New sig coming soon...please be excited. Tongue
---
What I'm Playing:
Kingdoms of Amalur, Hearthstone, Skyrim

Twitter | Tumblr | Google+
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

coolsonh
Podcast Listener
Recently Collected
3DSLuigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
February 08, 2013 03:07:27 PM   

Depends on games (It always does) But at that price I can see me getting a PS4 a lot earlier than I did in the PS3 life cycle.

[Image: Podcasts-0-0.png][Image: Podcasts-1-0.png][Image: Podcasts-2-0.png][Image: Podcasts-3-0.png][Image: Podcasts-4-0.png][Image: Podcasts-5-0.png][Image: Podcasts-6-0.png][Image: Podcasts-7-0.png]

final513
Unionite
February 08, 2013 03:16:35 PM   

400 is not bad. I feel this E3 is gonna be awesome.

firefly0071
Unionite
February 08, 2013 05:37:57 PM   

I hope that PS games remain region free.

I am in for the PS4!

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
PlayStation Network Breach To Cost Sony $171 Million 1 May 26, 2011 10:22:19 AM
Last Post: Sam