Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
February 19, 2013 06:13:32 PM   

[Image: 2zfpy5g.png]

Welcome to Gamingunion’s community event, New Game Plus (NGP). This event is similar to a bookclub, but instead of reading books each week community members are given a set checkpoint in an ongoing game which they have to reach before the end of 7 days, starting on tuesdays. While all playing the same part of the same game, Unionites gather to discuss what we're loving and hating about the game, how funny the dialogue is, or how remarkably brilliant the game design was. Even if you never played the game before, you can always challange yourself and share your experience, conversation is valid and in face encouraged! The only requisite of the feature is that everyone is playing the same section at the same time and join in the conversation!

For our fifth season of New Game Plus, the Gamingunion community has chosen Legend of Zelda! The first title in the series, originally released in 1986, the significance and impact it had on the gaming community is simply unbelievable, and it’s today one of the most famous franchises in the gaming world, Legend of Zelda puts you in control of Link as you explore dangerous dungeons, fight fearsome enemies and explore an enormous world to save Princess Zelda.

This is our second week! So grab your copy of the game and join in! Check out below for the guidelines to participate and for details of where our first checkpoint in the game will be! Make sure to come back regularly to let us know what you think of the game so far or read the opinions of like minded gamers.

________________________________________________________________________________​____________________________________________

We will split Legend of Zelda into four sections. This is Week 2.
Previously: (week 1)
The checkpoint which you need to play up to is:
Complete the 3rd, 4th and 5th dungeons.

Since there is an enormous overworld, exploring is a big part of this game, you are free to explore everything upside down if you want, just don’t explore other dungeons, since those will be played in the following sections. If you are having some trouble finding some items, check the list below:

Items you can find in the 3rd dungeon - The Manji
Items you can find in the 4th dungeon - The Snake
Items you can find in the 5th dungeon - The Lizard

Also, there are a bunch of “optional” items you can find in the overworld, although you might not need them right now, you will require most of them later in the game:
Items you need to finish this week’s section
Items that are optional for now

In case you feel like you are lost, or not sure where the dungeons are, here is a little help.
Due to technical dificulties, we weren't able to record a podcast last week, so this week, we will talk about week 1 and 2 on the podcast.
So if you want to join us in the podcast, state your interest in this thread Wink

ALL DISCUSSION FOR WEEK 2 IN THIS THREAD.

GUIDELINES
- You can play any version of this game! There are a fair few out there, so just choose one!
- A new thread will go up each Tuesday telling you where the next check point is. All discussion for each section must go in the relevant threads. Previous threads will remain open to let people catch up and let the conversation continue.
- You MUST resist playing on past the scheduled check points. For these discussion threads to work we need to all be at the same point in the game. Besides, it's not in the spirit of this activity!
- Please don't post spoilers for things that haven't happened in the game yet. We love that you're enthusiastic about it, but some people will be playing for the first time.
- However, you CAN post spoilers for anything that happens within the given section of the game, so long as you use tags [ spoiler][/spoiler ] to protect those still playing through.
- Talk about anything and everything! Story is just one aspect, but if you love the music or hate the map, then speak up! Get a little more specific and in depth than usual!
- If you get hopelessly stuck, you're encouraged to say so in this thread as soon as you can, and I can guarantee that there'll be a whole bunch of people willing to offer up their strategies or tips.
- On the converse, feel free to challenge yourself if you've played the game a billion times before!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!

[Image: 102pkk6.png]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
February 21, 2013 05:22:48 PM   

Come on everyone, you have to join the discussion Wink

Just finished the 3rd dungeon, the shield enemies are really annoying, specially because of the sword range. I lost the 1st time against the boss, but on my 2nd try i had all the hearts so i just spammed the the sword beam.
Also managed to get the item from the 3rd dungeon, so i'm ready for the 4th dungeon.

Quick warning, the 5th dungeon will be really tricky to find Tongue

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
February 21, 2013 11:02:47 PM   

After a lot of wandering around I found the third dungeon. Pretty sad how long it took me to find it as I've made it past that point before and it's pretty close to the spawn point. Anyway, got through the third dungeon fairly quickly. The boss killed me once. Second try I got hit almost straight away so I ran in and dropped a couple of bombs which made short work of him.

Fourth dungeon has been a hassle. I've cleared it out and died against the boss a couple of times and now I'm taking a bit of a break. I think last time I tried to play this game I didn't finish this dungeon so I've officially exhausted my knowledge of this game and it's now all unexplored territory.

On my travels I picked up the sword upgrade and the shield upgrade. I also bought a ring for a pricey 250 rupees (rupees max out at 255). It changed my tunic from green to grey and I think it has boosted my defence.

I located dungeon 5. Having to actually find those clues to work out where it is is very satisfying. Not the kind of thing you'd see in a modern game.

Beyhan
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCF1 Race Stars
PCHotline Miami
PCBorderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
February 22, 2013 05:44:44 AM   

Just finished the 3rd dungeon... My god those armored enemies are a pain in the ass!

Took me about 3 attempts. But I got there in the end. Now my next mission is to farm enough rupees to get the blue ring. And maybe arrows if I can be bothered.

UPDATE: I have gotten the blue ring, defeated the fourth dungeon. Now to find the 5th dungeon...

PSN ID: juxtor
Twitter | Tumblr
[Image: 9aNAnKf.jpg]

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
February 22, 2013 06:47:57 PM   

I reached the checkpoint. After taking a break from boss number 4 I gave it another go and it actually ended up being kind of easy, I didn't even have the sword beam active. Dungeon 5 was a pain in the arse. If you hate the knight guys (the guys you can't hit from the front) just wait till you get to the blue knights. The boss of dungeon 5 was kind of a pushover though.

I have to say the defence boosting ring is pretty damn awesome. If you're finding things difficult I recommend getting on that ASAP.

I've found two heart containers on the overworld so far (so I'm sitting on 10 hearts).

I finally bought the arrows. I assumed you would just have ammunition like later Zelda games so I was waiting for enemies to drop them but it wasn't happening so I bought them. At first I was thinking "Unlimited ammo? This is overpowered as hell" then I noticed my rupees depleting as I used arrows. Still not too bad though as rupees are plentiful.

I've located dungeon 6 during my travels.

Still haven't used a walkthrough or map yet.

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
February 23, 2013 12:56:01 PM   

just completed the 4th dungeon, it wasn't that hard to find Tongue finding the ladder on the other hand...it took me around half hour XD. The boss itself was pretty hard in my opinion, i died a few times and only managed to beat him when i managed to have all hearts, so i could spam with the sword beam.

As i explored i managed to get the blue ring and 2 heart containers, i really need to find the old man ASAP, i have a feeling i will need the potions to make things easier.

On to dungeon 5, luckily for me, i managed to find it back in week 1Tongue

Beyhan
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCF1 Race Stars
PCHotline Miami
February 25, 2013 08:44:55 AM   

Just finished the 5th dungeon... and my god that actually took longer than expected...
And in all, that was pretty fun! Smile

Twitter | Tumblr

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
February 25, 2013 09:20:02 AM   

Participation dropping already? These should provide inspiration.

Beyhan
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCF1 Race Stars
PCHotline Miami
February 25, 2013 10:25:53 AM   

OMG they are classics! I just wish I was around when the Zelda rap was "hip"... Could have had so much fun with that Tongue

PS: Your parents help you hook it up!

Twitter | Tumblr

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
February 25, 2013 05:07:13 PM   

Checkpoint reached, while trying to go back to the 5th dungeon, i finally managed to find the old man, i got his letter and gave it to the old woman, YAY potions XD.

the 5th dungeon
Also, i hate the fact there is a rupe limit, i played the game for quite a while, while i was carrying 255 rupes ( i wasn't buying anything) so ya, lots of wasted ruppes Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 4 0 April 21, 2014 03:26:22 PM
Last Post: Roxas21691
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 3 10 April 21, 2014 01:17:56 PM
Last Post: final513
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 1 25 April 17, 2014 03:38:11 AM
Last Post: Jdog0297