Managing Director
Administrators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
3DSSuper Mario 3D Land
March 05, 2013 04:32:01 PM   

[Image: kingdom-hearts-union.jpg]

Kingdom Heart Union is back again for another show about this wonderful franchise! This particular show has been fraught with difficulty due to technology issues, but we still have a show for you! Branden is joined by Churro and Brian and they jump straight in for this super long show. FIrst up is the news.

This time around there are updates about the Kingdom Hearts browser game and it's weird name. Also, there is a lot of great news regarding KH 1.5 remix including release dates and pre-order information! Don't miss it! Next up is the Burning Question. The group goes through your answers to the previous question which was "Should KH continue after the Xehanort Saga?" There are a lot of great discussions from the answers you guys provide! As always, get your answers in for the next BQ which is "How would you use the PS4 touchpad to improve a future KH game?"

The trio then moves directly into your questions and we have some great ones this week. The guys discuss answers to questions like should there be a game were you play as the heartless, how do they feel about the 358/2 cutscenes in KH1.5 remix, and should Rikku get his own love interest in the series? You'll definitely want to hear what the guys have to say! They wrap the show up with a wonderful remix of the song 'Another Side' so make sure you stick it out to the end! The next show will be here in a few weeks and we'll see you then!

Subscribe to Kingdom Hearts Union on iTunes

Direct Link

RSS Feed

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

RogueofLight
New Recruit
March 05, 2013 08:01:07 PM   

Amazing, amazing show. Despite some of the technical difficulties you had, you guys persevered to present, what I believe, to be an engaging, and thought provoking show. So kudos to you allSmile And what a time it is for me to finally comment here, too! (I've been a fan of the podcast for awhile now, but due to complications in getting my confirmation e-mail, I couldn't post until now.)

And I have to say, I really enjoyed the three of you poking fun of the browser game's name. LOL. How I wish Square would just have it pronounced "Kye-Blade" to stop confusion on that part...

On the subject of the love triangle issue: should Sora ever get with Kairi... I don't think it would be as big a deal as you three thought it might be. Mainly because I do see them like Harry, Ron, and Hermione; plus, I don't think Kairi ever really had feelings for Riku. And as for Riku, I think he's long gotten over Kairi by this point in the series, so it should all be fine in the end. Granted, Nomura probably will never bring up the romance stuff again (as he seems to want to pretend it never happened), but should Sora/Kairi finally happen, I still think the three's friendship would remain perfectly intact. Besides, Riku always has Naminé to be his own light Big Grin Yeah... I'm a shameless SoraxKairi, RoxasxXion, and RikuxNaminé shipper, but I don't mind other variations of the pairings (like RikuxKairi, SoraxNaminé, RoxasxNaminé, and/or RikuxXion).

I also really enjoyed you guys' thoughts on KH continuing after the XS. After giving it some thought myself, I think I've decided I wouldn't mind the games continuing for ONE more series (but I think a third saga would be pushing it). Nomura DOES seem to have a lot of ideas in his head for the next saga, and I think there's a lot that could still be done with KH. Tbh, I think it would sort of be a waste to not expand on ideas and characters that were just recently added to the series (like VTA), so I hope the series continues to that end.

I actually think in a lot of ways another saga could be better than the current one, since Nomura would have more ample time to think things through, and begin anew on a clean slate. As long as the next saga does away with sins of the past (like the console hopping and things like that), and maybe simplifies things, and brings the Disney aspect back... I think it could be great. I'd love to see a more Disney side to KH again. Who knows? Maybe that's what the Julius boss fight in DDD was hinting at? (After all, most secret bosses in KH games tie heavily into the next one's story.)

By the way, I love you guys' April Fools idea! LOL. It sounds so sneaky, and just downright fun! ^_^ How about this for an idea? How about you say it's been leaked that Naminé is the Princess of Heart, and not Kairi? I could see people buying that. And it could actually make sense, since apparently it's odd for Kairi to be one of the Seven Lights, AND one of the Princesses. Maybe you could even say that when Naminé was created, she took the PoH side of Kai, while Kairi kept the wielder part? That would explain her light appearance, and more meek and fragile personality.

Once again, amazing show! I can't wait to listen to the next one. And with that, I'm going to end this really long post. LOL. (though I might comment again for the burning question, and to ask you guys questions).

Take care.

-Shanna

Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
March 05, 2013 11:30:04 PM   

No more stickers? That cuts me deep guys.

News segment: Square Enix have announced that Agent 47 from the Hitman series will be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3 working as an assassin for the thirteen seekers of darkness.

[Image: 2aYTetu.png]

sorayahya
New Recruit
March 06, 2013 04:09:59 AM   

Was really nice that even though this Podcast lasted more than one and a Half Hour is was still really Enjoyable =D

Beyhan
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCF1 Race Stars
PCHotline Miami
PCBorderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
March 06, 2013 07:17:45 AM   

Instead of blaming Obama, I am now going to be blaming Branden from now on!

PSN ID: juxtor
Twitter | Tumblr
[Image: 9aNAnKf.jpg]

Varnis
Hero of Dawn
Recently Collected
3DSShin Megami Tensei IV
3DSProject X Zone
PS3The Last of Us
March 06, 2013 09:55:52 AM   

News Segment: It has been announced that Robin Hood will be featured as a world in Kingdom Hearts 3, 'Hidden Data' in the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix game showed that areas relating to Sherwood Forest were being developed for use in the next title.

It's always great to hear Brian back on a show...for those small reunions we have, we'll always love him Big Grin

[Image: 6852780709_7115ba23f2.jpg][Image: minato_arisato__signature__by_pikachumas...35dqd7.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Pakada
New Recruit
March 08, 2013 11:27:15 PM   

I think that if Nomura needs extra time to tie up the Xehanort saga, he could put KH3 into segments. 3 to be exact, it might work...might.
Another idea is that a new adventure for KH takes place years after(development wise as well) the Xehanort saga. Sora,Riku and Kairi will be adults and have their own stories. Then Riku can settle down with his girl.Like the legend of Quorra in a way.

Justanothernobody
New Recruit
March 09, 2013 09:32:12 PM   

News Segment: Square Enix has announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released on the Wii U.

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
PS3Ratchet & Clank Collection
March 09, 2013 10:08:01 PM   

News Segment: Nomura announces that the next KH game will be another side-story, but this time the main character will be Lightning, and we will have other FF charaters as support characters in battle. KH characters like Sora and Riku will appear but the FF characters will have a much bigger role this time around.
The game is scheduled to be released in 2014 as a downloadable game in the Ps Store and Xbox live.

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

Varnis
Hero of Dawn
Recently Collected
3DSShin Megami Tensei IV
3DSProject X Zone
PS3The Last of Us
March 10, 2013 02:21:24 AM   

(March 08, 2013 11:27:15 PM)Pakada Wrote:  I think that if Nomura needs extra time to tie up the Xehanort saga, he could put KH3 into segments. 3 to be exact, it might work...might.

I agree that they should put it into separate games, and each Segment introduces new worlds and Playable Characters that further the story, that's one reason I liked the .hack series

[Image: 6852780709_7115ba23f2.jpg][Image: minato_arisato__signature__by_pikachumas...35dqd7.png]