Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
March 05, 2013 07:15:36 PM   

_____ [Image: 2qsc40n.png]

Welcome to Gamingunion’s community event, New Game Plus (NGP). This event is similar to a bookclub, but instead of reading books each week community members are given a set checkpoint in an ongoing game which they have to reach before the end of 7 days, starting on tuesdays. While all playing the same part of the same game, Unionites gather to discuss what we're loving and hating about the game, how funny the dialogue is, or how remarkably brilliant the game design was. Even if you never played the game before, you can always challange yourself and share your experience, conversation is valid and in face encouraged! The only requisite of the feature is that everyone is playing the same section at the same time and join in the conversation!

For our fifth season of New Game Plus, the Gamingunion community has chosen Legend of Zelda! The first title in the series, originally released in 1986, the significance and impact it had on the gaming community is simply unbelievable, and it’s today one of the most famous franchises in the gaming world, Legend of Zelda puts you in control of Link as you explore dangerous dungeons, fight fearsome enemies and explore an enormous world to save Princess Zelda.

This is our fourth and last week! Even if you didn't finish the previous section, you can always catch up with everyone! Check out below for the guidelines to participate and for details of where our first checkpoint in the game will be! Make sure to come back regularly to let us know what you think of the game so far or read the opinions of like minded gamers.

________________________________________________________________________________​____________________________________________

We will split Legend of Zelda into four sections. This is Week 4.
Previously: (week 1, week 2, week 3)
The checkpoint which you need to play up to is:
Complete the 8th and the final dungeons.

Since there is an enormous overworld, exploring is a big part of this game, you are free to explore everything upside down if you want, just don’t explore other dungeons, since those will be played in the following sections. If you are having some trouble finding some items, check the list below:

Items you can find in the 8th dungeon - The Lion
Items you can find in the last dungeon - Death Mountain

Also, there are a bunch of “optional” items you can find in the overworld, although you might not need them right now, you will require most of them later in the game:
Items you need to finish this week’s section
Items that are optional

In case you feel like you are lost, or not sure where the dungeons are, here is a little help.
_______________________________ [Image: 1dzr77.png]

NGP 5 - Episode 2
So if you want to join us in the podcast this week, state your interest in this thread Wink
Previous NGP episodes: Episode 1

ALL DISCUSSION FOR WEEK 4 IN THIS THREAD.

Also, you can start suggesting games for the next season of NGP, just leave your suggestions here.

GUIDELINES
- You can play any version of this game! There are a fair few out there, so just choose one!
- A new thread will go up each Tuesday telling you where the next check point is. All discussion for each section must go in the relevant threads. Previous threads will remain open to let people catch up and let the conversation continue.
- You MUST resist playing on past the scheduled check points. For these discussion threads to work we need to all be at the same point in the game. Besides, it's not in the spirit of this activity!
- Please don't post spoilers for things that haven't happened in the game yet. We love that you're enthusiastic about it, but some people will be playing for the first time.
- However, you CAN post spoilers for anything that happens within the given section of the game, so long as you use tags [ spoiler][/spoiler ] to protect those still playing through.
- Talk about anything and everything! Story is just one aspect, but if you love the music or hate the map, then speak up! Get a little more specific and in depth than usual!
- If you get hopelessly stuck, you're encouraged to say so in this thread as soon as you can, and I can guarantee that there'll be a whole bunch of people willing to offer up their strategies or tips.
- On the converse, feel free to challenge yourself if you've played the game a billion times before!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!

[Image: 102pkk6.png]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
March 06, 2013 05:50:42 PM   

DAMN! Finding dungeon 8 is impossible without a guide! no hints and it's really easy to miss it... Although this was a really short dungeon, i think this was the hardest so far, fighting mini-bosses again, and fighting against those shield guys with those statues shoting laser balls all the time...

Anyway dungeon 8 is complete, now i got all the triforce pieces Big Grin Now to get ready for the final dungeon Tongue

Waldo Lang Schnitzeldong
Grossly Incandescent
March 06, 2013 11:54:20 PM   

I finished it last night. I had to use a guide to find that entrance to dungeon 8. I have to say overall dungeon 6 was still the hardest for me. Dungeon 8 was pretty uneventful. The final dungeon is a bit of a marathon. A lot of dickish rooms and secret passages (hint: bomb lots of walls). When I got to Ganon I had the red ring, max health and a red potion so I threw technique and pattern recognition out the window and just ran in waving my sword around waiting for him to walk into it.

Finally saving the lovely Princess Zelda was very satisfying. And what a looker she is.

My death count was an embarrassing thirty-nine, although about six or seven of them were on purpose so I could save and turn the game off.

All in all this game was a mixture of enjoyment and frustration. I'm glad I played it but I probably won't ever play it again.

[Image: 2aYTetu.png]

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
March 07, 2013 08:55:31 PM   

that last dungeons looks like a challange then Tongue Anyway, i got the last sword upgrade, as well as the bomb upgrade, now i'm ready to end this journey Big Grin

EDIT: That last dungeon was a pain, and the final boss was annoying but easy if you know what you are doing Tongue i died 3 times in the dungeon while trying to find my way around.

My final dead count: 31

metalsnakejuice
MSJ
Recently Collected
PSNDead Nation
PS3Gran Turismo 5
PS3Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
March 14, 2013 09:12:58 AM   

Finished this yesterday . I can see why people enjoy the games now that i have played and finished this on. It was fun playing with everyone.

[Image: 1327834122524.gif]
PSN: metalsnakejuice
Steam: metalsnakejuice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 3 7 Today 06:04:38 PM
Last Post: Stefanime
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 1 25 April 17, 2014 03:38:11 AM
Last Post: Jdog0297
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 2 7 April 12, 2014 05:31:34 PM
Last Post: Roxas21691