Welcome to Gamingunion’s community event, New Game Plus
(NGP). This event is similar to a bookclub, but instead of reading books each week community members are given a set checkpoint in an ongoing game which they have to reach before the end of 7 days, starting on tuesdays. While all playing the same part of the same game, Unionites gather to discuss what we're loving and hating about the game, how funny the dialogue is, or how remarkably brilliant the game design was. Even if you never played the game before, you can always challange yourself and share your experience, conversation is valid and in face encouraged! The only requisite of the feature is that everyone is playing the same section at the same time and join in the conversation!
For our fifth season of New Game Plus, the Gamingunion community has chosen Legend of Zelda
! The first title in the series, originally released in 1986, the significance and impact it had on the gaming community is simply unbelievable, and it’s today one of the most famous franchises in the gaming world, Legend of Zelda puts you in control of Link as you explore dangerous dungeons, fight fearsome enemies and explore an enormous world to save Princess Zelda.
This is our fourth and last week! Even if you didn't finish the previous section, you can always catch up with everyone! Check out below for the guidelines to participate and for details of where our first checkpoint in the game will be! Make sure to come back regularly to let us know what you think of the game so far or read the opinions of like minded gamers.
We will split Legend of Zelda into four sections. This is Week 4.
Previously: (week 1
, week 2
, week 3
The checkpoint which you need to play up to is:
Complete the 8th and the final dungeons.
Defeat Gleeok; get the last Triforce piece; and defeat Ganon.
Since there is an enormous overworld, exploring is a big part of this game, you are free to explore everything upside down if you want, just don’t explore other dungeons, since those will be played in the following sections. If you are having some trouble finding some items, check the list below:
Items you can find in the 8th dungeon - The Lion
Magic Book and Magical Key
Items you can find in the last dungeon - Death Mountain
Red Ring and Silver Arrows
Also, there are a bunch of “optional” items you can find in the overworld, although you might not need them right now, you will require most of them later in the game:
Items you need
to finish this week’s section
Items that are optional
Magical Shield (Located in shops)
Arrows (Located in shops)
Letter from the old man
Red and Blue Potions (Only available to purchase after giving the letter from the old man to the old woman.)
Blue Ring (Located in shops)
White sword (To obtain it, you need a total of 6 hearts.)
Magical sword (To obtain it, you need a total of 12 hearts.)
Heart Containers (At this point, you should be able to get all heart containers in the overworld.)
In case you feel like you are lost, or not sure where the dungeons are, here is a little help.
NGP 5 - Episode 2
So if you want to join us in the podcast
this week, state your interest in this thread
Previous NGP episodes: Episode 1
ALL DISCUSSION FOR WEEK 4 IN THIS THREAD.
Also, you can start suggesting games
for the next season of NGP, just leave your suggestions here
- You can play any version of this game! There are a fair few out there, so just choose one!
- A new thread will go up each Tuesday telling you where the next check point is. All discussion for each section must go in the relevant threads. Previous threads will remain open to let people catch up and let the conversation continue.
- You MUST resist playing on past the scheduled check points. For these discussion threads to work we need to all be at the same point in the game. Besides, it's not in the spirit of this activity!
- Please don't post spoilers for things that haven't happened in the game yet. We love that you're enthusiastic about it, but some people will be playing for the first time.
- However, you CAN post spoilers for anything that happens within the given section of the game, so long as you use tags [ spoiler][/spoiler ] to protect those still playing through.
- Talk about anything and everything! Story is just one aspect, but if you love the music or hate the map, then speak up! Get a little more specific and in depth than usual!
- If you get hopelessly stuck, you're encouraged to say so in this thread as soon as you can, and I can guarantee that there'll be a whole bunch of people willing to offer up their strategies or tips.
- On the converse, feel free to challenge yourself if you've played the game a billion times before!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!