BioShock Infinite Thread

Beyhan
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCF1 Race Stars
PCHotline Miami
PCBorderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
March 21, 2013 09:24:23 AM   

With the game not too far away, there has been new content being released more regularly. For people who have not seen much of it, here is a little look behind the character of Elizabeth and a glimpse into the world of the game.

Personally, I am interested in how the devs are gonna couple Columbia and the world of BioShock.

And yes, I have pre-ordered it Tongue

What are your thoughts so far? If you have not pre-ordered it, will you buy the game? Or give this a pass?

The ball is in your court. Happy posting Big Grin

PSN ID: juxtor
Twitter | Tumblr
[Image: 9aNAnKf.jpg]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

metalsnakejuice
MSJ
Recently Collected
PSNDead Nation
PS3Gran Turismo 5
PS3Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
March 22, 2013 10:05:54 AM   

Going to be my first Bioshock game but does anyone know if it is relevant to know what happen in the other two games?

[Image: 1327834122524.gif]
PSN: metalsnakejuice
Steam: metalsnakejuice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

axel11
The Poor Gamer
Recently Collected
PS3Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
X360Soulcalibur IV
PS3Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
March 24, 2013 03:56:14 AM   

I can't wait for this game. After watching the behind the scenes on how they developed Elizebeth and the demo at E3 I don't think I'll be able to pass this by. Hopefully I'll have the cash when it comes out.

[Image: axelfure.png]

Darryl
Pwnz0rd
Administrators
Recently Collected
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS3Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
March 24, 2013 05:41:41 AM   

(March 22, 2013 10:05:54 AM)metalsnakejuice Wrote:  Going to be my first Bioshock game but does anyone know if it is relevant to know what happen in the other two games?

I'm not a BioShock expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I believe it's essentially a new experience. You should be able to enjoy it just fine without playing the two previous titles.

[Image: Mephman.png]
Twitter: @DarrylGU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Axeken
Super Unionite
March 24, 2013 05:49:45 PM   

1 day left for us Aussies and Kiwis. 2 Days for UK and US. Time Zone area weird thing but an awesome thing for worldwide releases

[Image: deathbytray1287.png]

Currently Playing: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)
Last Finished: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)/ The Playroom (All Trophies) (PS4)
Last Bought: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

Currently Watching (on air): Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Hannibal, Game of Thrones
Currently Watching (off air): Attack on Titan
Last TV Series Completed: The Walking Dead Season 4 & Death Note (really good)
Last Movie(s) Watched: Captain America: The Winter Solider (really, really good; watch it!)

metalsnakejuice
MSJ
Recently Collected
PSNDead Nation
PS3Gran Turismo 5
PS3Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
March 25, 2013 12:02:36 PM   

After playing this for over a hour and a half the game has been amazing and i really enjoy the art style this game has too. The game looks great on ultra settings.

[Image: 1327834122524.gif]
PSN: metalsnakejuice
Steam: metalsnakejuice

R3DM4N
Getting down on weekdays.
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Grand Theft Auto V
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PCFar Cry 3
March 31, 2013 06:48:24 AM   

Me and my friend have been playing it tonight on Xbox, finding it amazing cant wait to try it on PC Smile

Does it have anything to do with Bioshock 1/2? or is it completely seperate?

Axeken
Super Unionite
March 31, 2013 08:38:48 AM   

(March 31, 2013 06:48:24 AM)R3DM4N Wrote:  Me and my friend have been playing it tonight on Xbox, finding it amazing cant wait to try it on PC Smile

Does it have anything to do with Bioshock 1/2? or is it completely seperate?

Playing the first two kinda enriches the experience as (after a break) it's like "hey, I remember these cool mechanics" but it it not essential for the Bioshock Infinite.

I'd like to say it is the best game as a complete package in a long time. The game is beautiful with the vibrant colours. I found myself doing the whole "pan slowly across the screen" multiple times throughout the game. The gameplay is super fun. Just like the other Bioshock games, combining vigors (previously know as plasmids) and shooting dudes makes this series still unique even after 5 year after Bioshock 1 came out. And the story is amazing. The relationship with Elizabeth goes beyond the story as she is a vital part of the gameplay. And not to spoil anything but the last chapter is the best ending ever. Full of twists, turns and "oh F@&k" moments.

That thread I made about What game/s would you give a 10/10 score to? Bioshock Infinite is being added to that list for the reasons I metioned and many more. I think this is the game to beat this year for GOTY. I think only The Last of Us can rival it. Maybe Beyond: Two Souls if it pulls a Walking Dead and has an incredible story (which it seems it will) or if Nintendo releases Super Mario Galaxy 3 this year. Also, I doubt that any next gen games will be GOTY quality. (Although I think there'll be a few people pulling for Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut)

Currently Watching (on air): Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Hannibal, Game of Thrones
Last Movie(s) Watched: Captain America: The Winter Solider (really, really good; watch it!)

Darryl
Pwnz0rd
Administrators
Recently Collected
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS3Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
March 31, 2013 12:33:26 PM   

Just a note - make sure you use the spoiler tags if you want to delve into the story. Smile

[Image: Mephman.png]
Twitter: @DarrylGU

Axeken
Super Unionite
April 07, 2013 05:05:21 AM   

I want to open up this thread into a new direction now (can I do that?) Which Bioshock game is the best? Mine obviously is Infinite for the reason I've expressed strongly on this site. Bioshock 1 is a great game. It's atmosphere is nothing like I've ever experienced, looting for everything for survival, not knowing when an splicer or Big Daddy would show up. Bioshock 2 also had this to a degree but at the end of the game you have so many resources that it becomes a regular FPS.
I'll admit that Infinite doesn't have a proper Big Daddy equivalent (Songbird aside). I think Handyman was meant to be that but I was never scared of him, even in 1999 mode, but every time I saw a Big Daddy I was like "Oh sh!t. How do I take him down?"

But I actually forgot the story in the first. I thought one of the plot twists were that Andrew Ryan was Atlas. (Stupid mind). I went in Bioshock 1 not knowing its emphasis was on story so I wasn't really paying attention to it. Whereas I went into Infinite knowing more about it than I did with the o.g

Another point I've seen people make on the interwebs is that the Splicers are better enemies then the ones in Infinite. I think that's true and it does create an awesome atmosphere but I didn't know why they were attacking me whereas in Infinite, I know why I'm being attacked, "I'm the False Sheppard."
Also the gameplay is better. I’ve gone back to the first to see how it’s held up and on the PS3, the controls annoy the crap out of me and it did that the first time I played it. The shoulder buttons are switched and can’t be unswitched. One thing I’m glad that Bioshock 2 added was the plasmid and weapon dual wield combo which Infinite refined further because in the first you have to basically select your weapon twice: once to unsheathe it and once to use it.
Also I think the minor bad guys are more memorable in Infinite (that’s probably unfair since I’ve played it 3 times on only once with the first).

Sorry if this was TLDR but I just wanted to give my two cents of all the things seen about Bioshock Infinite.