Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
April 02, 2013 06:03:29 PM   

_______________[Image: 3133l7b.jpg]

Welcome to Gamingunion’s community event, New Game Plus (NGP). This event is similar to a bookclub, but instead of reading books each week community members are given a set checkpoint in an ongoing game which they have to reach before the end of 7 days, starting on tuesdays. While all playing the same part of the same game, Unionites gather to discuss what we're loving and hating about the game, how funny the dialogue is, or how remarkably brilliant the game design was. Even if you never played the game before, you can always challange yourself and share your experience, conversation is valid and in face encouraged! The only requisite of the feature is that everyone is playing the same section at the same time and join in the conversation!

For our sixth season of New Game Plus, the Gamingunion community has chosen Nier! Nier is an action rpg developed by Cavia and released in 2010, a gem you shouldn't miss. If you want to start playing Nier, this is the perfect oportunity to do so.

This is our first week! So grab your copy of the game and join in! Check out below for the guidelines to participate and for details of where our first checkpoint in the game will be! Make sure to come back regularly to let us know what you think of the game so far or read the opinions of like minded gamers.

________________________________________________________________________________​____________________________________________

We will split Nier into six sections, 5 weeks to complete the story campaign and 1 "optional" week to get the other endings ( since these reveal some backstory). This is Week 1.
Previously: Intro Week
The checkpoint which you need to play up to is:
Finish the events at Aerie.

If you need any clarification of the guidelines then please ask!
Have fun, guys!

Also, if you want to join us in the podcast, state your interest in this thread Wink

ALL DISCUSSION FOR WEEK 1 IN THIS THREAD.

GUIDELINES
- You can play any version of this game! There are a fair few out there, so just choose one!
- A new thread will go up each Tuesday telling you where the next check point is. All discussion for each section must go in the relevant threads. Previous threads will remain open to let people catch up and let the conversation continue.
- You MUST resist playing on past the scheduled check points. For these discussion threads to work we need to all be at the same point in the game. Besides, it's not in the spirit of this activity!
- Please don't post spoilers for things that haven't happened in the game yet. We love that you're enthusiastic about it, but some people will be playing for the first time.
- However, you CAN post spoilers for anything that happens within the given section of the game, so long as you use tags [ spoiler][/spoiler ] to protect those still playing through.
- Talk about anything and everything! Story is just one aspect, but if you love the music or hate the map, then speak up! Get a little more specific and in depth than usual!
- If you get hopelessly stuck, you're encouraged to say so in this thread as soon as you can, and I can guarantee that there'll be a whole bunch of people willing to offer up their strategies or tips.
- On the converse, feel free to challenge yourself if you've played the game a billion times before!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!

[Image: 102pkk6.png]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

axel11
The Poor Gamer
Recently Collected
PS3Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
X360Soulcalibur IV
PS3Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
April 03, 2013 05:45:10 AM   

Platinum Tip: Kill the sheep now. Ride the boar as well, just to get it out of the way. And scour the Aerie for materials if you don't want to get the dlc, the rare ones spawn here. Also, you can easily get the combo trophies in the intro, I got em by accident. And take any side quest you can get. Stop in to the bar and the fountain too, as the sisters have immaculate vocal parts.

[Image: axelfure.png]

Varnis
Hero of Dawn
Recently Collected
3DSShin Megami Tensei IV
3DSProject X Zone
PS3The Last of Us
April 04, 2013 08:56:27 AM   

Sadly it seems I've misplaced this game, I'll get another copy first thing in the morning.

[Image: 6852780709_7115ba23f2.jpg][Image: minato_arisato__signature__by_pikachumas...35dqd7.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
April 05, 2013 07:59:52 PM   

got my copy this afternoon, now it's time to get started Big Grin

Shawn
Coder Extraordinaire
Administrators
Recently Collected
PS3The Guided Fate Paradox
VitaValhalla Knights 3
3DSRune Factory 4
April 05, 2013 09:08:22 PM   

It's taking longer than expected to move into the new apartment, so I might not be able to attend the first couple weeks of this sadly.

Shawn Collier
Software Engineer | Associate Editor

[Image: Y1huq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Darryl
Pwnz0rd
Administrators
Recently Collected
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS3Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
April 06, 2013 10:27:31 AM   

I'm glad this is convincing a few new people to check out this game. It's worth it for the music alone.

[Image: Mephman.png]
Twitter: @DarrylGU
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
April 06, 2013 06:18:07 PM   

Just started playing the game, (stoped before heading to the bridge to kill the shades), i must, i'm really confused about the whole prologue and the events going 1000 years in the future.

and what was the deal of leveling up like 40 levels in the prologue? o.o that way really weird

axel11
The Poor Gamer
Recently Collected
PS3Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
X360Soulcalibur IV
PS3Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
April 07, 2013 12:21:11 AM   

You don't understand the game until the second playthrough, and even then it's open for debate. The plot is extremely interesting. And yeah, the music is amazing.

[Image: axelfure.png]
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
April 07, 2013 10:10:11 AM   

@Axel11 thanks for the tips Wink i managed to get the combo trophies in the prologue ( took a few tries though Tongue), doing the sheeps trophy at the moment.

Checkpoint reached, really enjoying the game, and ...was i the only one that got "lost" inside Aerie? Tongue i missed the stairs going up at the beginning, so i ended up taking the "optional" path, which led me to a dead end after 10 minutes of fightning monsters.

Lauren
GU PR Manager
Recently Collected
PS3Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
PCPortal 2
PS3Portal 2
April 07, 2013 02:08:51 PM   

Just beat the Aerie bit. Doing some quests Smile If you haven't already, I highly suggest slaying the boar... it's definitely worth the effort. Big Grin

@Roxas21619 - Don't worry one bit.. I did the exact same thing the first time around.. I'm also far too curious and went up to the mansion in the middle bit between the sea village and the shopping village. xD

GU YouTube || GU Twitter
[Image: ramona_victory.gif]
twitter - fozzness|| youtube - laleiste

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 4 0 April 21, 2014 03:26:22 PM
Last Post: Roxas21691
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 3 10 April 21, 2014 01:17:56 PM
Last Post: final513
New Game Plus - Banjo Kazooie: Week 1 25 April 17, 2014 03:38:11 AM
Last Post: Jdog0297