Welcome to Gamingunion’s community event, New Game Plus
(NGP). This event is similar to a bookclub, but instead of reading books each week community members are given a set checkpoint in an ongoing game which they have to reach before the end of 7 days, starting on tuesdays. While all playing the same part of the same game, Unionites gather to discuss what we're loving and hating about the game, how funny the dialogue is, or how remarkably brilliant the game design was. Even if you never played the game before, you can always challange yourself and share your experience, conversation is valid and in face encouraged! The only requisite of the feature is that everyone is playing the same section at the same time and join in the conversation!
For our sixth season of New Game Plus, the Gamingunion community has chosen Nier
! Nier is an action rpg developed by Cavia and released in 2010, a gem you shouldn't miss. If you want to start playing Nier, this is the perfect oportunity to do so.
This is our fifth week! If you still haven't started, don't worry, you can still catch up with everyone, just grab your copy of the game and join in! Check out below for the guidelines to participate and for details of where our fourth checkpoint in the game will be! Make sure to come back regularly to let us know what you think of the game so far or read the opinions of like minded gamers.
We will split Nier into six sections, 5 weeks to complete the story campaign and 1 "optional" week to get the other endings ( since these reveal some backstory). This is Week 5.
Previously: Intro Week
, Week 2
, Week 3
The checkpoint which you need to play up to is:
Complete the game
If you need any clarification of the guidelines then please ask!
Have fun, guys!
ALL DISCUSSION FOR WEEK 5 IN THIS THREAD.
- You can play any version of this game! There are a fair few out there, so just choose one!
- A new thread will go up each Tuesday telling you where the next check point is. All discussion for each section must go in the relevant threads. Previous threads will remain open to let people catch up and let the conversation continue.
- You MUST resist playing on past the scheduled check points. For these discussion threads to work we need to all be at the same point in the game. Besides, it's not in the spirit of this activity!
- Please don't post spoilers for things that haven't happened in the game yet. We love that you're enthusiastic about it, but some people will be playing for the first time.
- However, you CAN post spoilers for anything that happens within the given section of the game, so long as you use tags [ spoiler][/spoiler ] to protect those still playing through.
- Talk about anything and everything! Story is just one aspect, but if you love the music or hate the map, then speak up! Get a little more specific and in depth than usual!
- If you get hopelessly stuck, you're encouraged to say so in this thread as soon as you can, and I can guarantee that there'll be a whole bunch of people willing to offer up their strategies or tips.
- On the converse, feel free to challenge yourself if you've played the game a billion times before!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!