GamingUnion.net

Community

What would you do in the zombie apocalypse?

Tidon
What it is
March 30, 2010 09:25:17 PM   

What's your battle strategy? Mine would be to:
1.blockade any entrance's or windows around my home,
2.have any of my surviving family and friends do the same while telling them that my hime is a safe area,
3. get as much food and water as I possibly could, while also buying shotgun and rifle ammunition,
4.create a barrier around the household,
5. place human scents far away from the household so as to keep zombies far away,
6.give every member in the household a gun to keep on at all times plus ammo,
7.have everyone wear thick clothing and cut they're hair short,
8.recheck barricades,
9.have everyone do a meaningful prayer at the beginning and end of each day,
10.set up an easy escape plan incase of being overrun, and finally
11.set up my room with good music, good games, good snacks and a comfy pillow and wait for my kill to come to me.

.....I think I had to much time to think this up. -_-^

[Image: Tidon_sig_mod_2-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Kioran
Unionite
March 31, 2010 05:13:04 AM   

There are a few flaws in your survival plan.

I am a studied zombie enthusiast, and I agree that planning ahead is the key to surviving in a sci-fi horror situation, but when it comes to zombies you must remember that to kill them, you must kill the brain, making a shotgun a good path clearer in short range, but ultimately for a bunker situation a poor choice of weaponry.

Shotguns come in a few varietys, hinge single/duo shot, which require too much unloading, and semi automatic, and pump. Both of the later can carry about 5 rounds. Reloading them can be tedious, and they are prone to jamming.

The zombie survivalist must allways be prepaired with a backup. Equip yourself with handguns, and a few extra clips for when you run out of ammo. Since zombies are difficult to kill due to the fact that you must either headshot them, or decapitate them, escape and blockading is the better than fighting. Regardless of what superheroes do, we must remember that they are not real, but the zombie appocolypse is.

Homes with frequent stairs, doors, and narrow passages will be the safest. Make sure every member has these two important survival tools, which make great weapons in a pinch available: crowbar, and a multitool (and not the sissy kind you got for you're 10th birthday). Gordon Freeman would never leave home without a crowbar, and neither should you.

Other than your handguns, pocket tool, and crowbar, you should carry a rifle for long range takedowns and accurate headshots, as well as a sword of some type. Objectively while I prefer European weaponry, the Katana is the best choice for zombie survival. It's light, and easy to swing. Strap this accross your back. Any other weaponry cannot be carried with you. If you can station your home with machine guns, do it, but when it comes time to evacuate your home, mobility is key. Leave the machine guns behind or you will fatigue and be overcome.

So without at least a crowbar, rifle, and katana, I would have to argue that your plan needs reworking.

[Image: Landscape.png]

Adam
Uber Unionite
March 31, 2010 05:18:16 AM   

I also think that it depends on the kind of zombies we're talkin about here. I'd say if they were they slow, classic, night of the living of the dead zombie then sure. Left 4 Dead/Dawn of the Dead zombies? No way in hell you'd be alive.

If you were fighting resident evil zombies you can always just live in a place with lots of doors, and just go into a different room when they show up.

[Image: 4326697572_7a82c4e9ce_o.gif]
twitter.com/34thGingerbread

Crimson Dragoon
Heart Struck Shadow
March 31, 2010 06:58:09 AM   

First i need to learn the ways of white magic then I'll cast Full Life on them!
No need to worry =D

[Image: Chaos%20Dragoon%20vs%20Crimson%20Knight.GIF]

Kairi: No matter where I go, or... what I see... I know I can always come back here. Right?
Sora: ...Of course.
Kairi: That's good. Sora... don't ever change

Damian
Being grown up isnt as fun as growing up
March 31, 2010 07:11:19 AM   

I'd get myself one of these bad boys with the most amount of ammo possible, and just run into them, taking down as many as possible... because lets face it, nobody will survive the zombie apocalypse for ever. You might as well have a bit of fun xD

[YOUTUBE]p4ebtj1jR7c[/YOUTUBE]

[Image: auronsig.jpg]
After completing FFX, even Chuck Norris bowed to Auron's epicness.

metalsnakejuice
MSJ
Recently Collected
PSNDead Nation
PS3Gran Turismo 5
PS3Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
March 31, 2010 07:15:47 AM   

Find a big boat and hope they don't know how to swim?

I have know idea really what i would do.

[Image: 1327834122524.gif]
PSN: metalsnakejuice
Steam: metalsnakejuice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

soccerdude240
Haterade rains
March 31, 2010 10:30:29 AM   

metalsnakejuice Wrote:Find a big boat and hope they don't know how to swim?

I have know idea really what i would do.
hilarious!!!
But honestly Tidon. By the time the zombies start coming, technology would have advance much farther than by today's comparison. If I am luck enough to be alive with good practical space flight, then there u go. At the first sign of danger, you can leave on a space ship to maybe find a new planet to live on, one thats zombie free of course.

Do zombies swim??? If they don't, just get in a submarine and stay under the water.

If all of them are like witches from L4D2?? then your kinda dead where you stand.

But the most important thing to do when in a zombie apocalypse is to keep ur head. You don't want to panic and waste ammo and give up your hiding place to the zombies. You will be the smartest human with down syndrome.

Also try to have 3 other people with you. Provided you have enough food to eat to survive for a long time. Its like the saying safety in numbers, it usually works. That's the way the humans did it in AVP. No numbers?? you could die very quickly if you position was overrun by the infestation. They can help cover you and carry more weapons/supplies/ammo too. Good company for the ride for your lives.

To finish this bad boy off having the right weapons to finish them off is key. Head shots??? YES!!! a good shot gun should do the trick. Since the government is probly dead, use a sawed off one, easier to carry, lighter you know. A sword read a post on here katana, YES!! A fine blade from Japan. A good thing about a sword is that it can never run out of ammo or jam. You would get pretty tired though. A good rifle and maybe some pistols to back you up if you have room. With friends??? If you have a squad of 4, then you can split up the weapons. Kinda like the way they do it in real life. Leader, Demolitions, Sniper stuff like that. Have one guy use a rifle, another a light machine gun, another a sword and some pistols, another a shotgun. Each can carry their rations and ammo and supplies.

We're all looking for a hero in a world of villains.
[Image: anti_mind_virus-1.png]
PSN SOG_Haterade

Fox
Unionite
March 31, 2010 10:50:22 AM   

I'd just eat some brains. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, that's what I say.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Eskimo Keith
Drink Cherry Coke!!
Recently Collected
PS3Mass Effect 3
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
PS3El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
March 31, 2010 11:07:44 AM   

I'd hide in my loft with an ample supply of food and water, when that runs out i'd probably have to search for supermarkets and such armed with one of my swords, possibly the gunblade. Unfortunately we, the British, don't have the ability to purchase fire-arms and would have to do without killing all the zombies who will inevitably over-come us.

Maybe our government has links to the Umbrella corporation, hmmm, i'll keep you up to speed if i hear anything on the matter. Smile

[Image: Broccoli.jpg]

Sam
Ugh.
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCSouth Park: The Stick of Truth
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Resogun
March 31, 2010 02:28:08 PM   

I'd probably live with in a supermarket warehouse - because of its size it gives you chance to run/dodge if there is an invasion. I'd barricade it as best I could, and make sure I have access to the rooftop, upon which I will set up a Barret M107 for a little hunting. I will also stock up on all other weaponry, as well as food etc.. I'd like to have all of my friends/family with me, but that would mean sharing, and thus, less chance of survival. I'd probably live with one or two friends in this fort who could help out with barricading and stop me going insane. Finally, I would try and have a bit of fun, killing as many zombies as possible whilst I still live (some semi-automatic sniper rifling should satisfy that need... Big Grin).

Sam's song of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gf5bXR-Ucg
Sam's video of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtL5Neb9yU

I like sports as well as games:
[Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: mwxloi.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: sqjhfp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 2zxw9rt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: ej6k5z.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29p84sy.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 15vxbp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 34j595l.png][Image: 2ljqej4.png][Image: zq3is.png][Image: jtuijk.png][Image: anngpe.png][Image: 2wqv2ns.png][Image: 2lwuh5u.png][Image: hrbszn.png][Image: 2qmozl5.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 3507apt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29opnrr.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 10zr79f.png][Image: 5plgd2.png]
PSN | Steam | Profile | Rules | Staff