GamingUnion.net

Community

Game Recommendations?

HighwindDeath
Wind Magic User
June 17, 2013 08:43:42 PM   

Does anyone have any game recommendations? As you may be able to guess, I'm a fan of FF, KH, and recently became interested in the Tales series. However, my interest in games is severely limited by the fact I can't stand FPS games. It frustrates me to no end. Also, I can't play any M-rated games, due to a deal with my parents, until I'm 17 that is. So if you could give me any ideas, please post them. Thanks in advance.

[Image: Seraphic_Star.png]

Author of Scoprendo l'italiano!: An Accessible Guide to Learning Italian

Scoprendo l'italiano!: Kindle Edition

Scoprendo l'italiano!: Print Edition
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
June 17, 2013 09:48:43 PM   

If you can list your consoles, I could give you plenty of recommendations. It's obvious you have a PS3, so I can easily recommend Valkyria Chronicles. It's my #2 favorite game of all time. It's a turn based strategy JRPG that has you moving units across a field one at a time in 3rd person. Has a fantastic story and beautiful art style.

As you enjoy Tales series, I'd recommend Ni No Kuni. Has a similar open field battle system to Tales games. Again, great art style as it was done in part by Studio Ghibli.

If you like grid style JRPGs, Disgaea 3 and 4 are great to. 3 is a bit more funny dialog and 4 has new features and better visuals. They have A LOT of content and customization within them, but luckily you can choose how far you go into it.
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
PS3Ratchet & Clank Collection
June 17, 2013 09:55:31 PM   

I also recommend Valkyria Chronicles, along with Nier ( an action RPG)

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
June 17, 2013 10:07:51 PM   

(June 17, 2013 09:55:31 PM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  I also recommend Valkyria Chronicles, along with Nier ( an action RPG)

*poke* he said no M rated games Tongue Nier is definitely M hehe..

Another great JRPG from the game style of Tales is Eternal Sonata. Was a good game, although the blocking mechanic was a bit rough in battle.
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
PS3Ratchet & Clank Collection
June 17, 2013 10:44:28 PM   

(June 17, 2013 10:07:51 PM)Zeruel Wrote:  *poke* he said no M rated games Tongue Nier is definitely M hehe..

Another great JRPG from the game style of Tales is Eternal Sonata. Was a good game, although the blocking mechanic was a bit rough in battle.

auch, totally forgot about that Tongue

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

axel11
The Poor Gamer
Recently Collected
PS3Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
X360Soulcalibur IV
PS3Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
June 18, 2013 03:28:39 PM   

Batman Arkham games, Prince of Persia, and Rune Factory would fit. The no M rated games really narrows down my collection... Just get a friend over 18 to go with you. Tongue That's what used to do.

[Image: axelfure.png]

Axeken
Super Unionite
June 18, 2013 10:45:13 PM   

If you can, try PSN/XBLA games like Limbo, Bastion, Thomas was Alone, Guacameelee, Braid, and many other awesome indie games.
EDIT: If you haven't, and since your a JRPG fan, play the PSP Persona games.

[Image: deathbytray1287.png]

Currently Playing: nothing really...
Last Finished: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)/ The Playroom (All Trophies) (PS4)
Last Bought: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

Currently Watching (on air): Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Hannibal, Game of Thrones
Currently Watching (off air): Pushing Daises Season 1
Last TV Series Completed: Attack on Titan Season 1 (onto my first manga now)
Last Movie(s) Watched: Captain America: The Winter Solider (3 times now; really great) & The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro (heaps better than the first and what I'd thought it'd be)

HighwindDeath
Wind Magic User
June 19, 2013 06:48:34 PM   

Hmm, they all sound interesting, although I'm suspicious of Ni No Kuni. As for my consoles, I have a PSP and PS3 (obviously). I've heard of a lot of positive things about Disgaea; I played and enjoyed Eternal Sonata (on my 3rd playthrough). Thanks for the recommendations.

[Image: Seraphic_Star.png]

Author of Scoprendo l'italiano!: An Accessible Guide to Learning Italian

Scoprendo l'italiano!: Kindle Edition

Scoprendo l'italiano!: Print Edition
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Jared
Supa' Nerd
June 19, 2013 11:16:05 PM   

For PSP you should try Legend of Heroes: Tears of Vermillion. It was the first RPG I owned so I may be "remembering" it being better that how it really was. lol Also, Megaman Powered Up and any thing FF on PSP. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is very good, but not as forgiving as the newer ones.

-Jared

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
June 20, 2013 12:34:32 PM   

(June 19, 2013 06:48:34 PM)HighwindDeath Wrote:  Hmm, they all sound interesting, although I'm suspicious of Ni No Kuni. As for my consoles, I have a PSP and PS3 (obviously). I've heard of a lot of positive things about Disgaea; I played and enjoyed Eternal Sonata (on my 3rd playthrough). Thanks for the recommendations.

With that said, if you havn't yet, check out Crisis Core. It's a Kingdom Hearts like Final Fantasy game. Also, Valkyria Chronicles 2 of course. Terrible story, but great gameplay.