Darryl
Pwnz0rd
Administrators
Recently Collected
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS3Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
June 24, 2013 03:55:49 PM   

Quote:My expectations were pretty high for Microsoft both at its console reveal and at this year's E3. So I was rather surprised when Microsoft rather a few mistakes during these key presentations. Equally, I was surprised that they corrected them as they have. After learning their lesson at E3, Microsoft just may be able to show gamers that they are listening, and they will do whatever it takes to make the customer happy.

Full Story: Xbox One, You Still Have A Lot To Prove

[Image: Mephman.png]
Twitter: @DarrylGU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Shawn
Coder Extraordinaire
Administrators
Recently Collected
PS3The Guided Fate Paradox
VitaValhalla Knights 3
3DSRune Factory 4
June 24, 2013 04:10:36 PM   

The backwards compatibility, AFAIK, is similar to the PS3's issue where the architecture is too different.

They could do it like the 360, but it'd only work with a subset of games and there'd probably be glitches and whatnot.

Shawn Collier
Software Engineer | Associate Editor

[Image: Y1huq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Sam
Ugh.
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCSouth Park: The Stick of Truth
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Resogun
June 27, 2013 07:01:51 AM   

(June 24, 2013 04:10:36 PM)Shawn Wrote:  The backwards compatibility, AFAIK, is similar to the PS3's issue where the architecture is too different.

They could do it like the 360, but it'd only work with a subset of games and there'd probably be glitches and whatnot.

Backwards compatibility has always been a bit of a non-issue for me. At the end of the day, if you want to play previous generation games, play them on a previous generation console. If you don't already own it, after the next gen comes out, previous gen consoles drop like a stone in price. Or look at one of the multitude of traded-in systems.

The price, however - well that's still my biggest "concern" for the Xbone. People really don't want Kinect, so making them pay over the odds extra (if that even is how they justify the difference) is just stupid. Reversing unpopular policies is one thing, but prices tend to be all but set in stone.

Sam's song of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gf5bXR-Ucg
Sam's video of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtL5Neb9yU

I like sports as well as games:
[Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: mwxloi.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: sqjhfp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 2zxw9rt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: ej6k5z.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29p84sy.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 15vxbp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 34j595l.png][Image: 2ljqej4.png][Image: zq3is.png][Image: jtuijk.png][Image: anngpe.png][Image: 2wqv2ns.png][Image: 2lwuh5u.png][Image: hrbszn.png][Image: 2qmozl5.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 3507apt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29opnrr.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 10zr79f.png][Image: 5plgd2.png]
PSN | Steam | Profile | Rules | Staff

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Adam's Rant: Resident Evil 6 Has A Lot To Prove 6 March 31, 2012 12:53:55 PM
Last Post: ReKing Darkota
Adam's Rant: Resistance 3 Sales Prove Kevin Butler Still A Bad Salesman 13 September 20, 2011 03:07:49 PM
Last Post: TheCosmicArcher
Infinity Ward 'Has Something To Prove' With Modern Warfare 3 0 June 24, 2011 12:08:12 AM
Last Post: Colin