Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
July 26, 2013 09:06:59 PM   

Quote:It's known for a while that the PS4 would have a 8GB RAM, a lot more than its predecessor that only had 512mb. However, Sony never specified how much space would be used for game coding.

Full Story: PS4 Can Give Up To 5.5 GB Of RAM To Game Developers

[Image: 102pkk6.png]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
July 26, 2013 11:51:48 PM   

To note, Sony hasn't confirmed this. But Witness Developer already revealed their game uses "5GB already."

It's a mixed bag. More RAM means more available textures and AI, however it also means less efficient coding. Groups like Naughty Dog have been, for some time, utilizing 512MB with amazing coding, so it's silly to think they can't do amazing work with 5GB.

That said, my Sony side says I'm disappointed to see that PS4 didn't surpass XboxOne. However my Gamer side says that an uneven playing field means nothing. While PS4 still has GDDR5 versus DDR3 in XboxOne, anything cross platform will be coded for DDR3. Also groups like Naughty Dog will still be showing us great things, especially with that GDDR5 speed.

High amounts for OS is a given for me personally. With OS's taking on so much social, streaming, and DVR functionality. Giving the OS more space to work with will mean more legroom as compared to current gen that is fighting to add new features.

Side note, did Sony finally confirm November? Last I heard PS4 was "holiday" listed. November and no later is a must, but still hope out there for late October.

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
July 27, 2013 06:56:53 AM   

(July 26, 2013 11:51:48 PM)Zeruel Wrote:  To note, Sony hasn't confirmed this. But Witness Developer already revealed their game uses "5GB already."

Side note, did Sony finally confirm November? Last I heard PS4 was "holiday" listed. November and no later is a must, but still hope out there for late October.

It's true that Sony didn't come out an say it, but going through the source, ps4 specs, and the fact that game demos like Killzone: Shadow Fall used 4.5 GB, pretty much "confirms it".
Sony confirmed to be this Fall, but Amazon, along with many european retailers have been saying that they received confirmation that would be in November, with some even saying that will be on the 13th of November.

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
July 27, 2013 09:49:57 AM   

(July 27, 2013 06:56:53 AM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  It's true that Sony didn't come out an say it, but going through the source, ps4 specs, and the fact that game demos like Killzone: Shadow Fall used 4.5 GB, pretty much "confirms it".
Sony confirmed to be this Fall, but Amazon, along with many european retailers have been saying that they received confirmation that would be in November, with some even saying that will be on the 13th of November.
Post Black Friday would be disastrous so I'm pretty much agreed on that date. Can't wait for next gen!

Darryl
Pwnz0rd
Administrators
Recently Collected
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS3Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
July 28, 2013 05:12:15 AM   

(July 27, 2013 09:49:57 AM)Zeruel Wrote:  Post Black Friday would be disastrous so I'm pretty much agreed on that date. Can't wait for next gen!

I've been hearing rumours of the 7th/8th of November for the PS3. Who knows though, it could arrive at any time really.

[Image: Mephman.png]
Twitter: @DarrylGU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user