GamingUnion.net

Community

Favourite Bad Guy

Killifish
New Recruit
July 01, 2010 09:41:47 AM   

Fate Wrote:I think it could be due to the fact that Sync was a general at so young at age and demanded so much authority despite being fourteen (actually two, heh-heh). That, added to his character design, make me like him. His second outfit is great.

Dist wasn't that great a villain as he was a character himself. He's excellent for comic relief--Jade and him--but he didn't possess the qualities that I hope for in a villain, really. Still very great, though. Oh, and I hate Van. >>

You have a point there. As a character, Dist fell pretty flat when he wasn't busy providing lolz. That said, I really like villains who have either a few loose screws or an eerily ambiguous sexual orientation. Considering that Dist has both of those qualities, he's a big contender so far as I'm concerned. I was sold on him from the moment he glided onscreen in his freaking awesome floating armchair.

As for Van, we're in complete disagreement. I won't go into the details for the sake of spoilers (there are other people in this thread) but his actions throughout the game painted a picture of an incredibly insane/badass/ruthless villain. You should know the bits I'm talking about, anyway.

I guess he loses a truckload of points for having a horribly cliche and nonsensical motive ("Rawr, they burned down mah hometown! Gotta go destroy the world!") but he wins them all back with his blatant Ocarina of Time reference. If you don't know what I'm talking about, think back to the scene where you walk in on him playing the BGM to the current dungeon on an organ. Yeah...

razgriz247 Wrote:You know, I just remembered a very likeable baddy who's very cool to boot. General Jaeger from Valkyria Chronicles was such a cool guy because he was against you but for good reasons. He fought for someone else in order to protect his own country. And he had to work with the people who subjected his country. Very brave and noble of the man.

Yeah, he was awesome. It's refreshing to see a villain who's looking to achieve a reasonable goal and isn't afraid to reevaluate its worth. I'd still rank Selvaria higher than him, though. Play the 'Behind Her Blue Flame' DLC and you'll no doubt agree. Not only are the missions awesome (and reasonably priced), but the she gets a decent amount of interesting character development.

[Image: tehkillifish3.jpg]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Fate
New Recruit
July 01, 2010 01:06:44 PM   

Killifish Wrote:As for Van, we're in complete disagreement. I won't go into the details for the sake of spoilers (there are other people in this thread) but his actions throughout the game painted a picture of an incredibly insane/badass/ruthless villain. You should know the bits I'm talking about, anyway.

I guess he loses a truckload of points for having a horribly cliche and nonsensical motive ("Rawr, they burned down mah hometown! Gotta go destroy the world!") but he wins them all back with his blatant Ocarina of Time reference. If you don't know what I'm talking about, think back to the scene where you walk in on him playing the BGM to the current dungeon on an organ. Yeah...

The thing I didn't like so much about him was his character in general, I suppose. I mean, his whole idea is ingenious, and how he displays himself in the game is brilliant, too, but Van in terms of character isn't so great. He was one of those characters who got me frustrated while playing the game. All evil villains are bad, that's obvious, but to me there are likable ones and not-so-likable ones. How they present themselves has a lot to do with it, since all villains are bound to have ingenious plans. Take Kefka, for example: he was evil and had great plans, but his attitude make him likable. Van didn't have that that I liked. =\

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

SamTHorn
New Recruit
July 12, 2010 03:50:40 PM   

Actually, now that I think about it, the other villain I thought was pretty great was Zeus from the God of War series.
Such great games!

Fate Wrote:The thing I didn't like so much about him was his character in general, I suppose. I mean, his whole idea is ingenious, and how he displays himself in the game is brilliant, too, but Van in terms of character isn't so great. He was one of those characters who got me frustrated while playing the game. All evil villains are bad, that's obvious, but to me there are likable ones and not-so-likable ones. How they present themselves has a lot to do with it, since all villains are bound to have ingenious plans. Take Kefka, for example: he was evil and had great plans, but his attitude make him likable. Van didn't have that that I liked. =\
[SIZE="1"]accident plan[/SIZE]

FinalFantasygirl
Recently Collected
WiiThe Last Story
3DSKingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
PS3Tales of Graces f
April 07, 2012 12:27:51 PM   

Sephiroth (FF7), Ansem seeker of Darkness (KH1), Xemnas (KH2), Xehanort (KH series), Kuja (FF9), Clockwerk (Sly series), Van (TOA), Caius (FF13-2), Siefer (FF8), Nero and Wiess (FF7DOC). That's all I can think of right now Smile

euantor
New Recruit
Recently Collected
WiiThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
X360Assassin's Creed: Revelations
X360Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
April 07, 2012 01:48:58 PM   

Ganondorf for sure. There's really not much comparison.

[Image: etorano-default.png]

UniversalAnarchist
New Recruit
July 01, 2012 04:57:17 PM   

Vaati the main antagonist in Four Swords and Minish Cap Big Grin

my new review blog. check it out! the2upblog.wordpress.com

fenna75
Recently Collected
3DSFire Emblem: Awakening
3DSKingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
3DSTheatrhythm: Final Fantasy
July 03, 2012 12:37:28 AM   

-not sure if this counts- heh. riku and diz from kingdom hearts 358/2...when i played it i developed a hate for riku o_o honestly dont know how thatll work for me in KH3D...

Chrom x Fem!Avatar FOREVER.

Bearer of Darkness
New Recruit
July 07, 2012 10:16:36 PM   

Ansem Bearer of Darkness from KH1 has to be my top villian of all time. The way he is introduced in the beginning with Sora was absolutely great in my mind and set up his impact on the game tremendously and the way he manipulated Riku after losing the keyblade to Sora was awesome. Plus Billy Zanes voicing of him made Ansem that much more memorable to me with all he brought and then seeing how it went downhill when Epcar was brought in for Xemnas

Quote:You see darkness is the heart's true essence

PSN: sportsboy257

Roland
Recently Collected
PS3Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
PCFinal Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
PS3Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
July 07, 2012 11:37:10 PM   

Seymour. The dude just keeps coming back at you.

gamers.unite2k
New Recruit
March 18, 2013 10:52:21 PM   

more like a combo. Smile reno + rude were pretty funny together even though in ff7, they were first portrayed to have serious personas. Big Grin

I'm a gamer by heart. Wink No sigs, nothing fancy, just all heart. Smile