GamingUnion.net

Community

How much would you pay for game that is 10 to 15 years old?

GoodOl'Roxas
Pokemon Master
June 28, 2011 04:07:44 PM   

(January 31, 2010 11:48:21 PM)bingo Wrote:  At my local Gametraders store they are selling Final Fantasy 6,7,8 and 9. The only catch is that the price is that the price for a used copy is $290 and for a factory sealed copy was $700. Now there only reason for having them outrageously over priced was that SquareEnix does not make them anymore. Even though you can buy them cheaper on ebay.

My question to you is. How much would you pay for game that is 10 to 15 years old?

Thats a ridiculous price. For a FF games like 1-9 I would only pay up to about twenty dollars, because Iam the cheapest person you will ever meet. Also if you cant find a copy of what game you want at a really cheap price just go on ebay or amazon, if you cant get off of those online shop then you are out of luck.

Follow me on twitter, the name is khufanavenger.
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Simone
Recently Collected
PS3Assassin's Creed III
PS3Mass Effect 3
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
December 01, 2011 02:30:00 PM   

It would depend if you're collecting them. I buy most of my games from amazon, and I was willing to buy an unopened, black labeled FFVII for $300. I was talked out of it and ended up buying a used one in like new condition (with black label) for $45. So I'd say I'm willing to pay around $50. I also bought V/VI VIII and IX (still in the wrapper) for $12 each. Also, people are trying to get the most money out of their stuff. If they know people are willing to pay that price then of course they want that kind of money, which means that you should buy the PSN ver., only $10.Sleepy

R3DM4N
Getting down on weekdays.
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Grand Theft Auto V
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PCFar Cry 3
December 01, 2011 04:19:01 PM   

I am one of those people who plays the game and with the final fantasys I played them to ultimate weapons etc and hold onto the memories. So to pay that much for them is just ridiculous but I know there are people out there who collect them for that sole purpose so good on them but ultimately no i would expect to pay $100 for a sealed factory copy of say ff7 or something rare

YouLovePatrick
Super Unionite
December 01, 2011 08:26:29 PM   

It depends... If I am buying a digital copy of an older game, then I wouldn't pay any more than $20. However, if I am buying an original format of the game (like a Black Label PSOne copy of Final Fantasy VII or something) then I'd be willing to pay more. How much more would depend strictly on how much I want the specific title and how old it is.

I feel that physical copies of old games appreciate in value over time but digital copies of older games depreciate in value over time. That is just me though...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

1sky1destiny
The "Other" Colin
Recently Collected
WiiDisney Epic Mickey
PS3Call of Duty: Black Ops
PSPKingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
December 08, 2011 01:21:47 PM   

One of the rarest titles for the Atari 2600 is Gamma Attack. It was sold on eBay in 2008 for over $5000, and that copy is the only one known to currently exist from the original production.

In 1991, Nintendo made a tour around various college campuses. They had a competition at each campus, where students would play three separate games for six minutes each. The most points racked up within the eighteen minute time limit would be announced the champion. Nintendo obviously had to manufacture custom cartridges for this to take place, and each cartridge was supposed to be destroyed. One got out, and was sold at a garage sale. Later, the new owner sold it privately for $14,000. The buyer then resold it for $20,000. Not bad for an obsolete piece of plastic and programmable board.

If I had millions of dollars, I might consider buying a piece of gaming history like that, but even a complete and original copy of FF VII is currently outside of my price range. Rolleyes

Once Known As Colin #2... Until I Broke GU

[Image: KH1Sky1Destiny.png]

Twitter: Colin__Cooper
Google : Colin Cooper
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

a spoony bard
Recently Collected
3DSPokemon X
3DSFire Emblem: Awakening
PCFinal Fantasy XIV Online
May 27, 2012 11:52:28 AM   

It really does depend on the game for me, because I really don't have a choice I usually by my playstation games used and that usually impacts the price the highest that I've ever gone on a single game is probably $20 and that was a black label copy of Final Fantasy IX and that's one of my favourites, anything else I just steer clear of.