Darryl
Pwnz0rd
Administrators
Recently Collected
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS3Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
October 06, 2013 01:47:02 PM   

Quote:It's been a full decade since Nintendo released The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker on GameCube back in 2003, and to celebrate the occasion an HD version has hit the market. The Wind Waker marks an odd chapter in the history of what is arguably the most enduring franchise in gaming history and was a game that subverted many of the expectations fans had going in.

Full Story: The Wind Waker: Ten Years Later

[Image: Mephman.png]
Twitter: @DarrylGU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

final513
Unionite
October 08, 2013 01:15:18 AM   

People were upset with Wind Waker? This is the first time I'm hearing that. Everyone I knew at the time loved it, although that was before I had the internet so...

Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Axeken
Super Unionite
October 08, 2013 04:50:00 AM   

(October 08, 2013 01:15:18 AM)final513 Wrote:  People were upset with Wind Waker? This is the first time I'm hearing that. Everyone I knew at the time loved it, although that was before I had the internet so...

Yeah from what I've heard, there was this awesome, realistic tech demo for the Gamecube then the next year Nintendo announces WW with super stylized cel-shaded graphics. People were upset.

Anyway, if there were more great games on the Wii U to justify a purchase, I'd play WW HD in a heartbeat

[Image: deathbytray1287.png]

Currently Playing: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)
Last Finished: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)/ The Playroom (All Trophies) (PS4)
Last Bought: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

Currently Watching (on air): Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Hannibal, Game of Thrones
Currently Watching (off air): Attack on Titan
Last TV Series Completed: The Walking Dead Season 4 & Death Note (really good)
Last Movie(s) Watched: Captain America: The Winter Solider (really, really good; watch it!)

final513
Unionite
October 09, 2013 01:13:16 AM   

(October 08, 2013 04:50:00 AM)Axeken Wrote:  Yeah from what I've heard, there was this awesome, realistic tech demo for the Gamecube then the next year Nintendo announces WW with super stylized cel-shaded graphics. People were upset.

Anyway, if there were more great games on the Wii U to justify a purchase, I'd play WW HD in a heartbeat

Well if that did happen, then I could see why people were upset with WW. I still love it regardless of what it is, not what it could have been. Plus we got Twilight Princess, which does have a more realistic, gritty look.

SapphireWolf
October 10, 2013 11:28:59 AM   

honestly i think that was what irked people. they went from a gritty link to seeing a toon link. a throw a couple trolls into the mix and you have a mixture for disaster. i personally liked wind waker. personally i though it had more the feel of a zelda then TP did but that dose not mean i did not like TP it had its own charm.

[Image: sapphirewolfSignature2.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Wind Waker HD Bundle Not Coming To Australia 0 August 29, 2013 02:58:19 PM
Last Post: Jared
New Wind Waker HD Trailer Shows Off Hero Mode 0 August 29, 2013 12:51:26 AM
Last Post: Emi
Price Cut For Wii U Deluxe, Wind Waker HD Releases Early On eShop 3 August 29, 2013 12:36:41 AM
Last Post: Axeken