Darryl
Pwnz0rd
Administrators
Recently Collected
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS3Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
October 13, 2013 04:20:24 PM   

Quote:Over the years, Quantic Dream has been working on their own their own video game model. It’s a model that merges the experience of playing a video game with the experience of watching a film and it’s been rather successful – just look at Heavin Rain. For their next title, Beyond: Two Souls, Quantic Dream are looking to take this approach to the next level and in many ways they succeed, but it doesn’t quite have the same impact.

Full Story: Beyond: Two Souls Review

[Image: Mephman.png]
Twitter: @DarrylGU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
October 16, 2013 11:17:13 AM   

I've been so up and down on this game. At first, I was pretty 'meh' about it. Then as it got closer I started to get a little excited for it. When the reviews and 'lets play' videos hit, I was turned off by it. Now after watching IGN's coop play of it, I was sold.

But... when it gets cheaper. Not spending 60 bucks on a movie (which isn't a bad thing). However I'm so into couch cooping this with my brother so we can laugh at our choices as one or the other entity.

I say 'isn't a bad thing' because I think reviewers have been overly harsh for what this game was. We bark about wanting new things. Or try new things. And when a triple A studio does something new, we destroy it. When an indie does something new, we praise it. I bet if this was an indie title it would be GOTY.

I understand everyone has their opinion. As I'd hope people understood I have an opinion with my reviews. However I can't help but wonder if the reviewers as a whole are destroying triple A studios with more scrutiny than what indies get. And we wonder why companies are going mobile.

Thanks for the review Lauren.
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Lauren
GU PR Manager
Recently Collected
PS3Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
PCPortal 2
PS3Portal 2
October 16, 2013 01:09:48 PM   

(October 16, 2013 11:17:13 AM)Zeruel Wrote:  I've been so up and down on this game. At first, I was pretty 'meh' about it. Then as it got closer I started to get a little excited for it. When the reviews and 'lets play' videos hit, I was turned off by it. Now after watching IGN's coop play of it, I was sold.

But... when it gets cheaper. Not spending 60 bucks on a movie (which isn't a bad thing). However I'm so into couch cooping this with my brother so we can laugh at our choices as one or the other entity.

I say 'isn't a bad thing' because I think reviewers have been overly harsh for what this game was. We bark about wanting new things. Or try new things. And when a triple A studio does something new, we destroy it. When an indie does something new, we praise it. I bet if this was an indie title it would be GOTY.

I understand everyone has their opinion. As I'd hope people understood I have an opinion with my reviews. However I can't help but wonder if the reviewers as a whole are destroying triple A studios with more scrutiny than what indies get. And we wonder why companies are going mobile.

Thanks for the review Lauren.

Definitely have some good points in there. I kind of look at the price of these sort of titles two ways... I mean one, $60 for a game is expensive. I know it's been like that forever, but really.. it's not a cheap hobby, so you really need to pick and choose... but then again, I love Quantic Dream... and I want them to keep succeeding and keep bringing in these fantastic actors... Indie games have got it really good at the moment, esp with things like Humble Bundle... unfortunately though, QD probably does need the money in order to keep the level of graphics/talent/so on.. Really hard. Confused

GU YouTube || GU Twitter
[Image: ramona_victory.gif]
twitter - fozzness|| youtube - laleiste
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
October 16, 2013 04:03:08 PM   

(October 16, 2013 01:09:48 PM)Lauren Wrote:  Definitely have some good points in there. I kind of look at the price of these sort of titles two ways... I mean one, $60 for a game is expensive. I know it's been like that forever, but really.. it's not a cheap hobby, so you really need to pick and choose... but then again, I love Quantic Dream... and I want them to keep succeeding and keep bringing in these fantastic actors... Indie games have got it really good at the moment, esp with things like Humble Bundle... unfortunately though, QD probably does need the money in order to keep the level of graphics/talent/so on.. Really hard. Confused

Yeah, it makes me feel a little hypocritical being critical on the killing of TripleA studios when I'm talking about waiting on price drop. But it's just not hooking me enough to justify $60. Not a bad game, just not really my type of game. Plus it's releasing at a bad time, when money is being saved for next gen. :O
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Sam
Ugh.
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCSouth Park: The Stick of Truth
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Resogun
October 17, 2013 07:40:35 PM   

Completed this over the weekend, and I did enjoy it. Ellen Page's performance is the highlight (when isn't it?), but the whole game is a solid entry into Quantic Dream's interactive film genre. You rightly took the phrase right out of my mouth - it's not Heavy Rain. For me, it definitely falls short of Heavy Rain but it has hardly deserved some of the ruthless reviews from elsewhere. I say 8/10 is fair.

Sam's song of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gf5bXR-Ucg
Sam's video of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtL5Neb9yU

I like sports as well as games:
[Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: mwxloi.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: sqjhfp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 2zxw9rt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: ej6k5z.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29p84sy.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 15vxbp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 34j595l.png][Image: 2ljqej4.png][Image: zq3is.png][Image: jtuijk.png][Image: anngpe.png][Image: 2wqv2ns.png][Image: 2lwuh5u.png][Image: hrbszn.png][Image: 2qmozl5.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 3507apt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29opnrr.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 10zr79f.png][Image: 5plgd2.png]
PSN | Steam | Profile | Rules | Staff

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Dark Souls II Review 2 April 22, 2014 12:00:18 PM
Last Post: Jared
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Review 0 April 08, 2014 04:52:38 PM
Last Post: Darryl
Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss Review 3 November 05, 2012 10:28:52 PM
Last Post: Torchwood4sp