Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
October 13, 2013 05:27:19 PM   

Quote:Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is seeing an impactful patch this week that players should be aware of. Patch 2.05 will be implemented during a scheduled maintenance that will begin on October 14th at 8:00 pm and conclude on October 15th at 2:00 am (PDT). While most of the patch notes are very vague in how they will alter thing, some we can be certain of.

Full Story: Final Fantasy XIV 2.05 Patch Arrives This Week
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

TheVoid
October 16, 2013 04:56:16 PM   

I tried to play this game on ps3, but i just couldnt do it. The framerate drops and the slow renders of NPCs etc, make the game feel disjointed and empty. It was fun to fight things, but unfortunately you cant get by with just killing monsters, you almost exclusively level up by questing, which is really boring. Also, since my character\'s level was determined by what quests i was on, i ended up staying at the same level for a long time until the quests started increasing in EXP. So my character stayed in the LVL 15 range for a full week; having to wear the LVL 15 armor that made him look like a gay cowboy. If im playing an online mmo to express myself, i dont want my expression to be that of a GAY COWBOY. Please square, your obssesion with naked men needs to stop.
Here\'s my wonderful armor. The expression on the character\'s face is pretty much how i felt too. http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/4fa14...001d43.jpg

The stars shine brightest when all is dark.

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
October 16, 2013 05:57:19 PM   

(October 16, 2013 04:56:16 PM)TheVoid Wrote:  I tried to play this game on ps3...

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying your time. I'm not a SquareEnix apologist so all I can offer is some advice rather than disputes.

Leveling in FFXIV is actually extremely easy. Just like all MMOs, you have to find the tricks.
1-8: Focus on your starting city quests, then follow the main story quests. On the side, work on your hunting log which should be granted to you in the main town's quest running.
8-15: Along side the main story chain, do level 10-15 leve quests in places like Horizon near Ul'dah. Hit FATEs as you see them pop on the map.
15-20: While working the story quest, it should push you into your first dungeons. Do them while still working leves. Again, rush to FATEs that pop on the map.

After that, there's many choices. The quickest way? FATEs. Some love them, some hate them, some see them as an easy way to grind to cap. The trick is to get in a FATE party and get ready to haul butt. 20-30 in South Shroud, 30-37 near Costa Del Sol, 37-42 in Central Highlands, and 42-50 in North Thalanar.

As for gear appearance... just go buy something else. There's hundreds of gear options, you don't have to wear a skirt if you don't want to.

As for PS3 performance, can't say I disagree. TBH it's working miracles for the PS3's measly 512MB of ram. MMOs are RAM hogs, and 512MB doesn't cut it. Only options are to get it on PS4 next year, or put together a PC. It's absolutely gorgeous on PC.

Hope some of this helps you out. Again, I'm no apologist. I have my share of FFXIV woes when it comes to billing. :\

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Lightning Strikes FATE Arrives Today On Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn 1 November 14, 2013 01:55:14 PM
Last Post: Zeruel
Theatrhythm Gets a Final Fantasy XIII-2 Theme This Week 4 March 20, 2012 06:29:17 AM
Last Post: a spoony bard
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 1.19 Released 0 October 05, 2011 01:44:33 AM
Last Post: Colin