@GU Episode 14: Not Playable On PS4

Beyhan
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCF1 Race Stars
PCHotline Miami
PCBorderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty
November 10, 2013 05:31:54 AM   

Quote:Welcome to the 14th episode of @GU, The GamingUnion.net community podcast where we talk everything about the community and video games in general.

Full Story: @GU Episode 14: Not Playable On PS4

PSN ID: juxtor
Twitter | Tumblr
[Image: 9aNAnKf.jpg]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
PS3Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
PS3Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
PS3Ratchet & Clank Collection
November 10, 2013 09:15:06 AM   

Shame on you all!!! for not completing Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 Tongue what's with all the hate for it? D:
And for traditional FF people should chose IX

I can't believe nobody remembered the DMC reboot XD

[Image: 102pkk6.png]

Beyhan
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCF1 Race Stars
PCHotline Miami
November 10, 2013 09:18:30 AM   

(November 10, 2013 09:15:06 AM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  Shame on you all!!! for not completing Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 Tongue what's with all the hate for it? D:

You have to remember, we are from the old school Final Fantasy scene Tongue we try to hide our ages, but it doesn't work sometimes Tongue hahaha

And now that you mention it... how DID we forget the DMC reboot. My god it was a pretty big deal when it came out as well. Oh well Tongue

Twitter | Tumblr
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
November 10, 2013 09:24:52 AM   

(November 10, 2013 09:18:30 AM)Beyhan Wrote:  You have to remember, we are from the old school Final Fantasy scene Tongue we try to hide our ages, but it doesn't work sometimes Tongue hahaha

it's kind of the same for me Tongue ( started with IX) but i think FF 13 is awesome, and classic FF as well. I just hate! FF XII Tongue

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
November 11, 2013 10:18:05 AM   

(November 10, 2013 09:15:06 AM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  Shame on you all!!! for not completing Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 Tongue what's with all the hate for it? D:

I've beat all of the FF13 titles. I'm just trying to push my brother into beating them as well. He's gotta be ready for when LR comes out. So yell at him and Beyhan for being fail.

I did think of DMC, but didn't figure I could comment on it too well. Though I guess the fact that I didn't buy it, is proof that it didn't appease me as a player of the originals.
(November 10, 2013 09:24:52 AM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  it's kind of the same for me Tongue ( started with IX) but i think FF 13 is awesome, and classic FF as well. I just hate! FF XII Tongue
Psh. No hate on 13/13-2 but you hate 12?! You're crazy son! The gambit system was awesome. Well.. that's all I can give it props for. But hey, gameplay is 95% of the experience Tongue

Cloud3514
New Recruit
November 12, 2013 12:39:16 AM   

People hate FFXIII for two reasons, first, mostly importantly, the plot is a mess. Its little more than five unlikeable idiots and Sazh running around going "should we do something? We should do something!" with a mind boggling amount of things left unexplained, from character motivations to how the damn world works in the first place.

Secondly, because the game plays itself. You run down a hallway for 20+ hours mashing Libra and Auto-Battle. There's a grand total of six fights where you actually have to try: The Eidolon battles, which are more puzzles than fights.

Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
November 12, 2013 06:59:46 AM   

(November 11, 2013 10:18:05 AM)Zeruel Wrote:  I've beat all of the FF13 titles. I'm just trying to push my brother into beating them as well. He's gotta be ready for when LR comes out. So yell at him and Beyhan for being fail.

I did think of DMC, but didn't figure I could comment on it too well. Though I guess the fact that I didn't buy it, is proof that it didn't appease me as a player of the originals.

Psh. No hate on 13/13-2 but you hate 12?! You're crazy son! The gambit system was awesome. Well.. that's all I can give it props for. But hey, gameplay is 95% of the experience Tongue

FF XII's gameplay wasn't broken, but it was definately unbalanced. As for the gambit system, it was good, but it sometimes it wouldn't fit the various situations you went through. my only gambit for all characters was attack Tongue

Beyhan
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCF1 Race Stars
PCHotline Miami
November 12, 2013 07:22:33 AM   

(November 12, 2013 06:59:46 AM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  FF XII's gameplay wasn't broken, but it was definately unbalanced. As for the gambit system, it was good, but it sometimes it wouldn't fit the various situations you went through. my only gambit for all characters was attack Tongue

HAHA I love how this has become a FF13/12 discussion. This can only happen at GU hahahaha Tongue

But if we are talking about Gambits, I have to say they were overpowered if you knew what you were doing. A well balanced selection of Gambits set you up for the rest of the game, depending on your gaming style.

Twitter | Tumblr
Roxas21691
Trophy Hunter of GU
Moderators
Recently Collected
November 12, 2013 08:12:36 AM   

(November 12, 2013 07:22:33 AM)Beyhan Wrote:  HAHA I love how this has become a FF13/12 discussion. This can only happen at GU hahahaha Tongue

But if we are talking about Gambits, I have to say they were overpowered if you knew what you were doing. A well balanced selection of Gambits set you up for the rest of the game, depending on your gaming style.

there's nothing more overpowered than doing everything ourselfs Tongue

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
November 12, 2013 10:16:12 AM   

(November 12, 2013 06:59:46 AM)Roxas21691 Wrote:  FF XII's gameplay wasn't broken, but it was definately unbalanced. As for the gambit system, it was good, but it sometimes it wouldn't fit the various situations you went through. my only gambit for all characters was attack Tongue

Well, that's why you probably didn't enjoy it as much as I. What made the gambit system so great IMO was finding the best formulas of gambits. Figuring out how to make characters into jobs and how to function. Sure commands were there to pick up the slack, but that was a plus for me. Gambits handled tedious tasks and commands were there to create precision and sustain a sense of control.

I always had one character decked out in protective attire with decoy and reverse while keeping enemies on them. Then I set up a red mage sort of gambit character with heals on priority and damage spells on secondary. Then topped it with a pure melee damage character. It was a lot of fun.

Dang all this FF12 talk is making me want to dust off my PS2. When is 12 HD coming to Vita?

(November 12, 2013 07:22:33 AM)Beyhan Wrote:  HAHA I love how this has become a FF13/12 discussion. This can only happen at GU hahahaha Tongue

Yeah, we unknowingly (or perhaps knowingly) stirred the hornets nest.

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Tails Returns As A Playable Character In Sonic 4: Episode 2 3 December 30, 2011 07:35:00 AM
Last Post: Roxas21691