GamingUnion.net

Community

Adam's Rant: The Incredible Secret Behind Ghosts' Awful Story

Adam
Uber Unionite
November 10, 2013 04:19:40 PM   

Quote:I’ve said a lot of great things about the most recent Call of Duty title, all of which were oriented around the multiplayer tweaks and additional co-op modes. But Ghosts does have a single player mode that I’ve somewhat neglected to speak of, and if you’ve played it (intentionally or otherwise) you may already know where I’m going with this week’s rant. Getting straight to the point, Riley aside, Call of Duty Ghosts’ single player campaign is so frustratingly bad you actually suffer all five stages of the Kübler-Ross Model of confronting grief. Spoilers ahead.

Full Story: Adam's Rant: The Incredible Secret Behind Ghosts' Awful Story

[Image: 4326697572_7a82c4e9ce_o.gif]
twitter.com/34thGingerbread
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Kid
The Demon from the North Sea...
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PS3PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
November 10, 2013 07:54:10 PM   

Ghosts' story was just the worst. It expects people to not question what is going on. Granted, they did answer the remote control dog thing before this released...But still.

[Image: scaled.php?server=201&filename=k...es=landing]
PSN: Razgriz247 Steam: Razgriz247

Cloud3514
New Recruit
November 12, 2013 12:32:43 AM   

You know, Ghosts actually had a great opportunity. The Modern Warfare story was bad as is, but the events of the games, with numerous major cities under attack and needed to be defended, could have a legitimately good story with no effort needed to set things up.

Instead of starting from scratch with the predictably shallow, hole filled and effortless plot with lifeless characters, Ghosts should have explored the political aftermath of the events of Modern Warfare. You cannot honestly tell me that there would be no political ramifications any one of the major events of Modern Warfare.

Instead, as I predicted the moment I heard that it was a new continuity from Modern Warfare, Infinity Ward went down the easy path. They didn't try to add anything to the story and went with something that was only meant to take the player from one set piece to another.

On a separate note, if the game's campaign is so bland and recycled, why did you give it a score of 9/10? Please don't give me the tired excuse of "no one cares about single player." A review isn't about one part of the game. It should cover the whole package, including the campaign as that's part of the $60 price tag, regardless of the amount of people who have never played a single minute of any Call of Duty game's single player.

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Adam's Rant: What's The Deal Nintendo? 9 January 29, 2014 01:55:47 PM
Last Post: Plat0nic
Adam's Rant: Getting Hype For Shadows of Mordor 0 December 13, 2013 06:30:51 PM
Last Post: Adam
Adam's Rant: Is A Return To Draenor The Best Choice For Blizzard? 1 November 18, 2013 10:42:40 AM
Last Post: Zeruel