GamingUnion.net

Community

Worst Moments in Gaming

Jonjosuff
New Recruit
May 13, 2009 08:26:30 AM   

Playing Gears of War on my 360 online co-op Insane. Got to chapter 4 after spending about 3 hours in Chapter 3 because i r noob and my Xbox scratched my disk. We never did complete that game.

Playing Final Fantasy 7 and getting to the final boss in North Crater with no materia leveled up and only level 30. Mainly because I was 12 at the time and I didn't know the advantages of grinding, lol.

[Image: Jonjosuff.png]
[Image: phelps2.gif]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Selyah
Unionite
May 13, 2009 07:23:05 PM   

@ Zero - thats not half as bad as some of the noobish things I've done in co-op fps i.e thinking I was on the top screen when i've been on the bottom and spent half the time running into a wall >.> for the first 30 seconds.

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
May 15, 2009 02:46:30 AM   

Another good one to try on for size:

Game:Final Fantasy II
System:Playstation

I had reached the final boss, and found out that I had a problem. I couldn't beat him. It wasn't until it was too late that I had found out that I needed a Blood Sword to make the fight easier (i had acquired both of them, and wound up selling them to make room for other items I had found more important). I hated myself for a week after that

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

AnthonyB63
May 17, 2009 07:02:45 AM   

Mine has to be when I first got my ps2 with FFX, I always replay rpgs after I've gotten the hang of them. I'd just restarted FFX for the first time and had been playing it for ages grinding so my characters would be as strong as they had before I restarted (I wasn't very far into it before I did) but I'd forgotten to routinely save and the power went out on my street. It's one of the only times in my life I've actually screamed in anger and been really tempted to throw my controller at the wall XD

Dreams
Binary
May 18, 2009 11:47:11 AM   

[font="calibri"]Spent two hours on FFXII chaining 100 Urutan-Yensa yesterday (at level 12-14) only to find out I wasn't strong enough to beat the Exile. Argh.[/font]

Selyah
Unionite
May 18, 2009 11:49:41 AM   

Kinda a worst and best moment, killzone 2 last mission on elite massive courtyard section after trying several times on normal before hand and it taking me a fair few hours to do >.> I decided to just see if i leg it all the way to the palace. Generally this would be immediate suicide, but to my surprise it actually worked Oo...... couldn't believe how easy that made it >.> if only I'd tried to kamikaze run it from the very start heh.

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
May 19, 2009 05:25:55 AM   

Selyah Wrote:Kinda a worst and best moment, killzone 2 last mission on elite massive courtyard section after trying several times on normal before hand and it taking me a fair few hours to do >.> I decided to just see if i leg it all the way to the palace. Generally this would be immediate suicide, but to my surprise it actually worked Oo...... couldn't believe how easy that made it >.> if only I'd tried to kamikaze run it from the very start heh.

rather seems crazy, actually

lets see.....
In Soul Caliber 2, Usually with Taki, but sometimes with Link... I've accidentally jumped off the ledge because my opponent (usually DRIFT_HEAD) was right next to the ledge! LOL!

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Eskimo Keith
Drink Cherry Coke!!
Recently Collected
PS3Mass Effect 3
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
PS3El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
May 19, 2009 09:00:41 AM   

I'm known as a very angry man because of some of the games i've been stuck on so i'll try to remember the greatest hits lol

Soul Calibur 4:
Fighting against my friend Padge (the one spam wonder) who used the same move over and over and over and defeated me again and again while i was playing 'properly'

Saints Row 2:
Doing the races which were a pain because you had to physically go to every race start to do them, 20 in all i believe, i finish number 18 and surprise surprise my 360 crashes :/

Killzone 2:
The bridge, enough said

Pokemon Blue:
You would'nt think you could get angry with all the cute pokemon but where there's a will there's a way lol fighting the Elite Four and then knowing i was going to lose during the last one, i had my revenge though when i grinded until i defeated all of them with my one Blastoise

Street Fighter 4:
Seph on Hard, ultra cheap last boss, i decided to spam Zangief's spinning move (dont know the proper term :/) until he died Smile

Resident Evil 5:
Chapter 5-3, i wasn't so much frustrated but i wanted all 1000 achievement points and it meant playing through this level around 12 times, i never want to see it again

Tomb Raider 2?:
I think it was the second one but it may have been the first, i was quite young at that point and i dont like swimming sections in games, so what happens? a swimming section comes up and then a crocodile comes swimming towards me from round a corner, i literally almost shat myself, to this day i have never played it again, i down-right refuse to xD

---

Zero Wrote:Another good one to try on for size:

Game:Final Fantasy II
System:Playstation

I had reached the final boss, and found out that I had a problem. I couldn't beat him. It wasn't until it was too late that I had found out that I needed a Blood Sword to make the fight easier (i had acquired both of them, and wound up selling them to make room for other items I had found more important). I hated myself for a week after that
I had FF2 on my PSP so i had multiple saves, i remember having to play the game all the way back from where you get the blood sword just so i could get the last boss done lol, sometimes grinding is just too much for me >.>

Sam
Ugh.
Super Moderators
Recently Collected
PCSouth Park: The Stick of Truth
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Resogun
May 19, 2009 11:40:23 AM   

Whoops! Haha, watch the double-post there Eskimo. Smile

Sam's song of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gf5bXR-Ucg
Sam's video of the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtL5Neb9yU

I like sports as well as games:
[Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: mwxloi.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: sqjhfp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 2zxw9rt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: ej6k5z.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29p84sy.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 15vxbp.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 34j595l.png][Image: 2ljqej4.png][Image: zq3is.png][Image: jtuijk.png][Image: anngpe.png][Image: 2wqv2ns.png][Image: 2lwuh5u.png][Image: hrbszn.png][Image: 2qmozl5.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 3507apt.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 29opnrr.png][Image: 5plgd2.png][Image: 10zr79f.png][Image: 5plgd2.png]
PSN | Steam | Profile | Rules | Staff

Eskimo Keith
Drink Cherry Coke!!
Recently Collected
PS3Mass Effect 3
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
PS3El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
May 19, 2009 11:57:57 AM   

Oh, sorry about that, i thought a double post was when you accidentally post the same message, i know what it means now, can you tell im a Noob? lol

[Image: Broccoli.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Best and Worst Aspects of the 1st Generation of Gaming 2 July 30, 2013 05:33:42 PM
Last Post: SapphireWolf
Craziest moments in Gaming 21 June 11, 2012 09:51:22 AM
Last Post: Zeruel