GamingUnion.net

Community

GMFM Soundtrack Suggestion Thread

Thread Closed 

Damian
Being grown up isnt as fun as growing up
October 04, 2010 01:16:33 AM   

Astharis Wrote:I know this isn't the place for discussion, but really?

The OST is EXTREMELY repetitive. Beautifully arranged leitmotivs in places, but you really can't listen to the whole tracklisting from start to finish because it feels like your player is stuck on repeat. XD Plus it's like Normand Corbeil is taking a sledgehammer to your face and being all ETHAN'S THEME... ETHAN'S THEEEEEEEEEEEME.

Lovely original pieces. Evocative video game music (though I can't even remember what the music sounds like in what I think is the most reactive scene, ie. the Lizard trail... The game spoke for itself so often, which is unusual). Entirely flawed in the OST CD medium.

Yes really, or I wouldn't have spent the time typing it for all to read Tongue

I enjoyed listening to the pieces during the game and loved the atmosphere each track created. So going back onto youtube and listening to them all over again is something that I have done on occasion.
I agree that there are some very similar pieces, and it's definitely not my favourite OST - not even close. Yet, to me, that doesn't take away from how good a lot of the tracks are individually and how memorable they were for me in the game- (I guess they weren't for you though).

I suppose that is where the section for judging the music while it's in the game, and judging it on it's own merit, comes into play on the podcast.

Anyway, I suggested it, like others have before me, because I believed it would make for a really good discussion between the guys on the podcast, especially with all the different themes that are running throughout the game.

I guess people have very different tastes in OST's, which makes things a lot more interesting Wink

>>>>Back to suggestions =D

[Image: auronsig.jpg]
After completing FFX, even Chuck Norris bowed to Auron's epicness.
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

riku
Flaming Keyblade Ninja
Recently Collected
PS3Batman: Arkham City
PCPortal 2
DSPokemon White
October 05, 2010 08:08:02 PM   

Scott Pilgrim vs the World the Game has an amazing soundtrack. I highly recommend it.Big Grin

-Hero of Destiny Islands, Hyrule, Gotham City, Fourside, Namek, and anywhere else you might think of!-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Sabine
Music, Anime, SciFi Nerd!
Recently Collected
PS3Batman: Arkham City - Harley Quinn's Revenge
WiiXenoblade Chronicles
PS3Mass Effect 3
October 31, 2010 06:30:53 AM   

I'm not sure whether this has been suggested before, but I so want the NIER OST to be on the GMFM!

Rinall
Psycho Mage Ninja
November 02, 2010 12:27:27 PM   

Oh oh oh! I love this. Ok, what do I want to hear? Kay, got it.

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Kingdom Hearts I
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

... ...

Can you tell that I like Square Enix?

Kid
The Demon from the North Sea...
Moderators
Recently Collected
3DSProject X Zone
PS3Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PS3PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
November 03, 2010 07:29:31 PM   

In addition to suggesting Ace Combat 5 and Valkyria Chronicles, I would suggest Ace Combat 4 and 6 and Valkyria Chronicles 2. Not your typical games that would have some nice music.

[Image: scaled.php?server=201&filename=k...es=landing]
PSN: Razgriz247 Steam: Razgriz247

Chloe
Veteran Unionite
Recently Collected
PCMass Effect 3
VitaUncharted: Golden Abyss
PCTrine 2
November 03, 2010 07:38:44 PM   

I may have already said this, but the Enslaved soundtrack is gorgeous.
I'm not sure whether the entire thing is available though. Confused

~ TWITTER : A s t h a r i s ~
PSN : A s t h a r i s K u r o ~ STEAM : A s t h a r i s
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

North
Unionite
November 03, 2010 08:36:01 PM   

music from FF10? best FF soundtrack

or Sword of Etheria, that main track was pretty neat (especially when they redid it for DDR)

FFSamurai
Unregistered  
November 10, 2010 12:11:49 PM   

Firstly, I'm a big fan of your podcast. It's a fun and intelligent conversation that goes right up there with Feedback and Talkradar. As for my suggestions virtually any album published by OC Remix I would suggest. Here are a couple for your enjoyment and discussion:

FFVII: Voices of the Lifestream, Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption, Essence of Lime (based on The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Ages/Seasons), Symphony of the Damned (Castlevania based), Xenogears: Humans + Gears, Hedgehog Heaven (based on Sonic 2), Sonic 3: Project Chaos, and Street Fighter II: Blood on the Asphalt.

For those who don't know what OC Remix, they also go by the moniker Overclocked Remix and, if you google that, you can find the official website fairly easily.

Tweex
Managing Director
Administrators
Recently Collected
PS3Final Fantasy XIII-2
PS3Assassin's Creed: Revelations
3DSSuper Mario 3D Land
November 10, 2010 01:07:04 PM   

FFSamurai Wrote:Firstly, I'm a big fan of your podcast. It's a fun and intelligent conversation that goes right up there with Feedback and Talkradar. As for my suggestions virtually any album published by OC Remix I would suggest. Here are a couple for your enjoyment and discussion:

FFVII: Voices of the Lifestream, Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption, Essence of Lime (based on The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Ages/Seasons), Symphony of the Damned (Castlevania based), Xenogears: Humans + Gears, Hedgehog Heaven (based on Sonic 2), Sonic 3: Project Chaos, and Street Fighter II: Blood on the Asphalt.

For those who don't know what OC Remix, they also go by the moniker Overclocked Remix and, if you google that, you can find the official website fairly easily.

Glad to hear you're a fan and that you're enjoying the episodes.

On OCR album might not be a bad idea for a future special episode. However, since I have done music for many of the projects you mentioned, it might not be a full and balanced discussion Smile.

Sabine
Music, Anime, SciFi Nerd!
Recently Collected
PS3Batman: Arkham City - Harley Quinn's Revenge
WiiXenoblade Chronicles
PS3Mass Effect 3
November 10, 2010 01:15:49 PM   

...................... I SO want the Nier OST. Now that I've listened to the complete one I'm like... DOITDOITDOITPLEASE .... it just wows me away.

Thread Closed