Betas, unrelased games, and unreleased localizations

Colin
Commander Colon
Recently Collected
PCMass Effect 3
PS3Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2
3DSMetal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
December 20, 2011 02:27:30 AM   

(December 08, 2011 12:20:11 PM)1sky1destiny Wrote:  I had put in a pre-order a looooooooong time ago for Starcraft: Ghost, and it was never released. Sad

Actually, I don't think I got my money back... *Facepalm*

Wow that stinks. Dx

I'm hoping for the Project Diva games. xD Incredibly unlikely, but a guy can dream. Tbh, I'm surprised that there are a few games I've been looking forward to that are or have already been localized. Fate/Extra, for example, and the upcoming Black Rock Shooter. Can't wait to get my hands on those.

I also wish the other two Tales of the World titles would be localized. Loved the first one and was incredibly disappointed when I heard the sequels wouldn't be localized.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
December 20, 2011 03:23:56 AM   

y'know, stepping away from localizations and going back to beta's very quick, did you know that there are several games that went through some major changes before their final releases? For example, Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero both saw development on 2 other platforms before their release as early 360 titles.
Conker's Bad fur Day was originally going to be under another title (I can't recall off the top of my head what though) and it wasn't going to be this crude, vulgar gem we know today, then it was going to be called Conker's 12 Tales. The game was going to be this cute little platformer, in which you were also gonna play as Berri. Rare decided though that they wanted to make something that would really stand out in the crowd of 3D platformers being made, which is why BFD came to be
Then there's Starfox Adventure, which started out as a completely different IP. It started it's life out in early development as Dinosaur Planet and was being developed on the N64. It was suppose to follow Krystal, and another character name Sabre. It was an adventure game just as it is now (in fact, beta footage I've come across shows parts that I distinctly remember in the final game). The major difference in the end is that they replaced Sabre with Fox, and added some Starfox elements into it

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Chloe
Veteran Unionite
Recently Collected
PCMass Effect 3
VitaUncharted: Golden Abyss
PCTrine 2
December 20, 2011 10:15:25 AM   

I read an article about such changes recently, Zero. Although the change in direction happened earlier on in production that the examples you gave above, it's still really interesting to see just how remarkably different these games started out.

~ TWITTER : A s t h a r i s ~
PSN : A s t h a r i s K u r o ~ STEAM : A s t h a r i s

branden
Unionite
Recently Collected
PS3L.A. Noire
December 28, 2011 10:01:15 PM   

On this same topic, there's a website that I go to every now and then called Unseen64.

http://www.unseen64.net/

It's basically got everything you can think of.

Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
December 29, 2011 12:23:08 AM   

Yea, I've actually checked out that website, in fact, that is kinda where I got my info... Actually, it is more from like a couple of people on youtube who post vids for unseen64.
It's pretty cool to see what could have been, and what was never meant to be. Such as Kirby's Adventure

now I don't know about you, but that looked awesome to me... it's a shame we'll probably never get it Sad

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]

Haseo
New Recruit
Recently Collected
PS3Way of the Samurai 4
PS3Record of Agarest War 2
PS3Max Payne 3
June 20, 2012 04:29:36 PM   

I wished they made the "Rival Schools" series more international than just giving us the first game. In my opinion, I think that "Rival Schools" is one of the most unappreciated fighting games in the history...

"El....Psy......Congroo."
[Image: Hiimdaisy-Persona-4-by-Peachifruit.jpg]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user