Betas, unrelased games, and unreleased localizations

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
December 07, 2011 06:03:37 PM   

This topic actually was inspired by the possible localization of FFType-0, but seeing as I think talking about games that got cancelled mid-localization might turn out to be not much of a topic, I figured covering such a wide spectrum in the thread would be more advantageous.

So, with the possibility of a localization being on its way, and so close to the release at the Vita at that, I thought of 2 games from the past who's localization was being done around the time of the systems successor being released. those 2 games I speak of are Final Fantasy 2 (which would have received the subtitle: Dark Shadow Over Palakia), and Mother (to have been known as Earthbound).
In both of these cases, the games were fully translated, but never released. reason being that the SNES was just around the corner and they felt these games might have been passed up in favor of the SNES, and it's new titles.

A similar fate befell Starfox 2, which 100% complete, but was never released due to the impending launch of the Nintendo 64.

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

YouLovePatrick
Super Unionite
December 07, 2011 10:11:18 PM   

Wow. I knew about the Earthbound, but I didn't realize that was the case with FFII as well. Hopefully, since Type-0 isn't on a Nintendo console (like all of the other examples) it can buck the trend.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

James
McDrifter
December 07, 2011 10:42:19 PM   

(December 07, 2011 10:11:18 PM)YouLovePatrick Wrote:  Wow. I knew about the Earthbound, but I didn't realize that was the case with FFII as well. Hopefully, since Type-0 isn't on a Nintendo console (like all of the other examples) it can buck the trend.

I am hopeful on this game (Type-0) gets a release date here in America. It looks so awesome

[Image: 22ww33-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

1sky1destiny
The "Other" Colin
Recently Collected
WiiDisney Epic Mickey
PS3Call of Duty: Black Ops
PSPKingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
December 08, 2011 12:20:11 PM   

I had put in a pre-order a looooooooong time ago for Starcraft: Ghost, and it was never released. Sad

Actually, I don't think I got my money back... *Facepalm*

Once Known As Colin #2... Until I Broke GU

[Image: KH1Sky1Destiny.png]

Twitter: Colin__Cooper
Google : Colin Cooper

Adam
Uber Unionite
December 14, 2011 09:59:12 AM   

(December 08, 2011 12:20:11 PM)1sky1destiny Wrote:  I had put in a pre-order a looooooooong time ago for Starcraft: Ghost, and it was never released. Sad

Actually, I don't think I got my money back... *Facepalm*

This is exactly why I don't preorder anything until a week before launch.

[Image: 4326697572_7a82c4e9ce_o.gif]
twitter.com/34thGingerbread

soccerdude240
Haterade rains
December 14, 2011 05:08:26 PM   

I hope Valkyria Chronicles 3 comes out to NA and beyond.

We're all looking for a hero in a world of villains.
[Image: anti_mind_virus-1.png]
PSN SOG_Haterade

bingo
Anjunabeats fan
December 16, 2011 07:16:14 AM   

It would be nice if Chrono cross got a PAL release on the PSN.

PSN ID: Team_Dig_Dug
Steam ID: Team_Dig_Dug

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
December 16, 2011 04:02:44 PM   

(December 14, 2011 05:08:26 PM)soccerdude240 Wrote:  I hope Valkyria Chronicles 3 comes out to NA and beyond.

Second that.. however Gamespot had posted a discussion they had with Sega. They finally said "no" to the idea of a western release of VC3 on PSP. When asked if they would do a Vita release, they said they will wait on responding to that until they spoke to Sony. So one question put to rest, another created.. *sigh* I'm sad.

Aside from VC3, I'd have to say the onslaught of Tales games never brought to west.

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
December 16, 2011 04:34:34 PM   

(December 16, 2011 07:16:14 AM)bingo Wrote:  It would be nice if Chrono cross got a PAL release on the PSN.

Yea, I can't see why they wouldn't at this point. I mean, Chrono Trigger got a PAL release on DS, and I think it's on PSN as well (can't say for sure, as I don't fully recall...) so now they need to do Chrono Chross...

(December 16, 2011 04:02:44 PM)Zeruel Wrote:  I'd have to say the onslaught of Tales games never brought to west.

Yea. They should have brought the PSP version of Tales of Phantasia to the west... but maybe they were just too lazy to go and get GOOD voice actors and stuff...

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
December 16, 2011 04:36:09 PM   

(December 16, 2011 04:34:34 PM)Zero Wrote:  Yea. They should have brought the PSP version of Tales of Phantasia to the west... but maybe they were just too lazy to go and get GOOD voice actors and stuff...

I'd be satisfied with just subtitles and mute characters haha...I'm not too picky.