Community

What should be my first Final Fantasy Game

roxastwin
Recently Collected
PSPDissidia 012 Final Fantasy
PS2Final Fantasy X-2
PS2Final Fantasy X
December 18, 2011 05:16:24 PM   

Hello people. Im getting back into Final Fantasy with a fresh start which game should be my first?

I only have a PSP PS2 3DS and a PC srry!
Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user
Quote this message in a reply

firefly0071
Unionite
December 18, 2011 05:26:41 PM   

FF XIII on PS3/Xbox360!

and FFIV on the PSP!

Zeruel
Andrew
Moderators
Recently Collected
inFamous: Second Son
VitaFinal Fantasy X HD Remaster
VitaFinal Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
December 18, 2011 05:48:20 PM   

If you can give us more information to help answer that, it would probably be easier (heh). Like, what consoles you have, do you like playing retro games, do older graphics bother you, older game speeds, is story more important, or is gameplay more important.

If want to experience tons of FFs, the PSP is a home of tons of them. They have remasterings and ports of originals. FF1(Remaster), FF2(Remaster), FF4(Remaster), FF5(PS1Port), FF6(PS1Port), FF7(PS1Port), FF8(PS1Port), FF9(PS1Port), FF7CrisisCore(New), FFDissidia(New), FFTactics(Remaster).

Some Suggestions:
Shooting at the dark, I can say FFVI is amazing. If you can get it on SNES then go for it. The GBA version is good, or get it on PS3/PSP from PSN which is a little more loading time but still amazing.

If looking for an amazing gameplay experience, FF12 is great. Other great ones are FF13 for a fast gameplay, FF8 for a great story, FF9 for good customization and gameplay, FFTactics for an amazing strategy game.

Hope that helps, if ya reply with more info, I'll throw ya more suggestions ^_^

Zero
FF1 Guru
Recently Collected
PS2Final Fantasy XII
PS2Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
December 18, 2011 06:44:08 PM   

heh, that's the beautiful thing about Final Fantasy. You can pretty much start anywhere. It doesn't really matter. But to help narrow it down, first you must ask what era are you wanting to start with
Different era's have different great games to start with. if you want to start from a specific era, here are my suggestions
NES Era - FF1. This is the game that started me onto the series. it is one of those games that you could play it with several character combinations and it would never really be quite the same experience each time. In terms of which version I suggest, I would go with the PS1 version if you can, as that is imo the best version. the PSP and GBA versions are horrible in comparison, as they pretty much changed the game from then on, making it WAY too easy.
SNES Era - there are 2 trains of thought on that there. you could start with FF4, which for many around my age had that as their first Final Fantasy, and it is a great story that is well worth checking out (the PSP version is highly recommended for that). Or you could start with FF6, which was just a marvel for it's time. Some even call it the best in the series.
PS1 Era - This all depends on 1 thing, are you heavily spoiled on graphics? if not, FF7, but if you are FF8 is the way to go...
PS2 Era - gotta be FF10, although 12 is good, 10 is a better way to go at that point.

[Image: zero.png]
[Image: gu2011.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

YouLovePatrick
Super Unionite
December 19, 2011 01:25:25 PM   

Start with FFX on PS2. It is really cheap and it has fairly simple mechanics for battle and character growth. It doesn't have any convoluted systems (like the junction in FFVIII) or frustrating story (like FFXII).

Another good choice would be FFIX. That is my personal favorite FF title. It is only $10 on PSN and has compelling characters, a vibrant and aesthetically pleasing world, and a great soundtrack (not that other FF titles are lacking in these areas, haha).

Also, FFIX does a good job of mixing classic FF elements and tropes with the more accessible jrpg systems of the 21st century.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Find all threads by this user

Arvis
December 20, 2011 09:58:20 AM   

I agree with YouLovePatrick, start with FFX on your PS2. Simple, yet deep. Intuitive, yet brilliant.

-Arvis

Possibly Related Threads...

Thread: Replies: Last Post
Would You Buy A Final Fantasy Game By Eidos? 5 October 31, 2013 05:42:08 AM
Last Post: Axeken
Burning Question: Which Final Fantasy Game Would You Turn Into A Musical? 10 October 29, 2013 01:34:23 PM
Last Post: Marce
Elements of a Final Fantasy game 8 December 02, 2012 10:10:17 AM
Last Post: Varnis