Get Familiar With The Velvet Room's Twin Wardens In A New Trailer
PS4 PS3 0 CommentsPersona 5 releases in North America and Europe in only a few weeks, and Atlus has a new trailer showcasing the Velvet Room's new twin wardens.
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled youth who live dual lives. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high-schooler - attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the "self;" the game's heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
Since the protagonist is a "prisoner" of his own Velvet Room, he must earn the privilege of getting access to the more advanced functionality. Although basic fusion and registration are immediately available to the prisoner, features such as advanced/network fusion, training, strengthening, and others are not. That's where the Twin Wardens Caroline and Justine come in. Not only are they Igor's assistants, but they also happen to be the "rehabilitation" officers who will be overseeing the protagonist during his stay. By spending time with them (completing prison work), additional fun experimentation options will unlock. And to tell them apart: Caroline is the "mean" one and Justine is the "nice" one.
Remember that the game will be available in two versions, a "Take Your Heart" premium edition and a SteelBook launch edition. The former will be priced at $89.99/CA$109.99 and is exclusive to the PS4 version with the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4" Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member--and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4" plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS' history, the entirety of the "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
The SteelBook edition will be available through pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last, for $59.99/CA$79.99. As for the PS3 version, it will release in a regular game box, and will retail for $49.99/CA$59.99. comments powered by Disqus