Inafune Still Fighting For Mega Man Legends 3

By Lauren Alessandra on October 13, 2011, 12:22PM EDT
3DS

Despite Mega Man Legends 3 being cancelled, series creator and former Capcom producer Keiji Inafune has stated yet again that he still wants to make it.

"Honestly, I still wanna make it," said Inafune in an interview with Famitsu. Earlier last month, Inafune had stressed that even though he was leaving Capcom, he was willing to finish off the projects he started. Unfortunately, unless Capcom contracts him, he won't be able to work on the game.

"So, I told them that I was going to found my own independent company and leave Capcom. However, I stated that I was ready to make a contract with them so that I could keep working on those projects that I started," he explained in another interview with 4gamer earlier last month. "I couldn't start making contracts with other publishers for sure if Capcom agreed to the proposition, but I wanted to see those projects that I started to completion. But it couldn't be done. They answered, 'We have no need to do that.'"

Despite Inafune going the extra mile to see Mega Man Legends 3's completion, it appears that Capcom had rejected his request to complete the game, even as a subcontracted developer.

"[I went to the trouble of]...Finding the right time, gathering the team members, planning strategies, all so we could barely start on Mega Man Legends 3. I really don't want to quit at this crucial moment...but I can't keep going at Capcom. I am too tired to keep going. I wanted to leave Capcom to recharge my energy, and support Capcom from there, but it seems they don't allow it. I want to make all my effort to keep Legends 3 alive, but I'm really not sure I can do it."

[Famitsu via Facebook]

blog comments powered by Disqus