DICE has just pushed live a new patch for Battlefield 4 on the PS4, dubbed the PS4 Jan 14 patch, as they look to fix continuing niggles with the game.
This patch will primarily address some stability issues, but DICE has also taken the time to balance some in-game elements too.
To highlight some specific examples, DICE has decided to increase damage from the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons by 25 percent and they have normalised repair rates across all vehicles. This means that vehicles, such as aircraft and transport types, will repair at a slower rate than they did before.
In addition, the patch also saw some core bug fixes put in place. One issue saw players spawning underneath the Lancang Dam map, while another caused the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box to obscure the driver's view - rather annoying.
DICE also implemented a fix that was specific to EU players in this patch, something which was very much needed. If the PS4 was set to Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech or Brazilian Portuguese, the game would refuse to start - this should no longer be an issue.
A patch for the PC version has already been released, so it's expected that alongside this PS4 patch, DICE will release a similar update for the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 shortly.
For a full list of the fixes in the PS4 Jan 14 Patch for Battlefield 4, check below:
- Various fixes for improving general stability
- Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rouge Transmission and Operation Locker
- Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
- Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
- Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
- Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver's camera
- Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
- Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
- EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn't start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese
- Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0
- Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done