Final Fantasy VIII is definately one of those games in the series that fans either love or hate. The Junction system and the balance the gameplay offers is the main issue for those that 'hate' the title, but that's something that will change on the PC version of the title.
Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy on PC will be updated with new features, the game boosters. Being completely optional, these game boosters will act as 'cheats' in order to make the game easier for both veterans and new players.
The game boosters that have been added are:
- High Speed Mode, which allows players to speed up the game up to five times.
- Battle Assistance, which will always keep all party members' ATB and HP gauges full and Limit Break attacks available. However, your characters will still die if they take damage superior to their max HP.
- 9999, basically all normal attacks, some Limit Breaks and some Guardian Force attacks will deal 9,999 damage.
- AP Max, grants your Guardian Forces max AP.
- Magic and Gil Max, which will allow players to receive 100 of a certain magic with just one draw, and give players the maximum limit of gil.
For those that didn't finish it the first time around, will this be enough to encourage you to give it another try? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Source: Square Enix