Electronic Arts announced that Titanfall 2 will receive two open beta weekends this month. The open beta will only be available for PS4 and Xbox One players, which means that PC players will be left out of this one.
The open beta will allow players to try out Titans Ion and Scorch, and test several Pilot tactical abilities including Grapple, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade. There's also Networks, which according to Electronic Arts, makes finding and playing with friends easier. Players will also have access to a variety of weapons including a deadly horizontal spread shotgun known as the Masttiff and the Alternator, a dual-barrel SMG.
The first open beta will start this Friday, August 19, and ends on Sunday, August 21. The beta will feature two mulitplayer maps and two game modes. Here's all the details about the beta.
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune's plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
The second open beta weekend begins next weekend and will run from August 26 to August 28. It will feature the same multiplayer maps and game modes from the first open beta, plus the following:
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
Titanfall 2 releases on the 28th of October on PS4, Xbox One and PC.