Next Assassin's Creed Title May Not Release In 2017

By Mike Sousa on September 26, 2016, 3:14PM EDT

Earlier this year, Ubisoft revealed that it would be giving the Assassin's Creed franchise a break in order ensure that future titles would live up to expectations. Although most assumed that the next Assassin's Creed title would be released in 2017, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has told Gamespot that it won't necessarily be the case, adding that the game will be released whenever it's ready.

"What we saw in the development of the next [Assassin's Creed] was that we had an opportunity to take it to another level," said Guillemot. "So we said we'll take all the time it takes to make the experience fantastic.

"It was feasible because we have other games. There's a huge potential in this game to revolutionise the IP, so we said, 'Let's make sure we change our model so we have more time and that we can bring back a greater experience.'

"It will be back when it's ready. That's when we feel we have something there."

When asked if that didn't necessary mean a 2017 release, Guillemot once again said that the franchise will be back when it's ready.

Even if we don't a have a new Assassin's Creed title this year, fans of the franchse will get the chance to relive the adventures of Ezio in the upcoming Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection. Releasing this November, the collection includes remastered version of Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Source: Gamespot

blog comments powered by Disqus