After announcing Persona 5's release in the west next year, there hasn't been much information released about the game thus far. In a bit of a tongue-in-cheek manner playing off the game's narrative, Atlus has had the information regarding the main English voice actor cast and two videos showcasing the actors and the main character accidentally "leak" by the hands of the Phantom Thieves themselves.
Persona 5 is a game about the internal and external conflicts of a group of troubled youth who live dual lives. They have the typically ordinary day-to-day of a Tokyo high-schooler - attending class, after school activities and part-time jobs. But they also undertake fantastical adventures by using otherworldly powers to enter the hearts of people. Their power comes from the Persona, the Jungian concept of the "self;" the game's heroes realize that society forces people to wear masks to protect their inner vulnerabilities, and by literally ripping off their protective mask and confronting their inner selves do the heroes awaken their inner power, and use it to strive to help those in need. Ultimately, the group of Phantom Thieves seeks to change their day-to-day world to match their perception and see through the masks modern-day society wears.
Regarding the main English voice cast, it can be found below as follows:
- Xander Mobus as the protagonist
- Cassandra Morris as Morgana
- Max Mittelman as Ryuji Sakamoto
- Erika Harlacher as Ann Takamaki
- Matt Mercer as Yusuke Kitagawa
- Cherami Leigh as Makoto Niijima
- Erica Lindbeck as Futaba Sakura
- Xanthe Huynh as Haru Okumura
- Robbie Daymond as Goro Akechi
And speaking of the protagonist, he's the newest transfer student of Shujin Academy in Tokyo. He had a bad experience with corrupt authority figures in his hometown, but he's been given a second chance to start anew. Although he lives the life of a typical Japanese high-schooler during the day (such as going to class, hanging out with friends, putting in work at the batting cage, and more), by night he's something much more than "typical." Don't let his clean cut school boy uniform and stoic demeanor fool you, because this kid is the leader of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts. Codenamed "Joker," the protagonist is a wildcard who'll do whatever it takes to steal the hearts of adults he perceives as corrupt. You can find two videos above, one being a video showcasing some English gameplay and voice clips and the other being a short interview with Xander Mobus himself.
Remember that the game will be available in two versions, a "Take Your Heart" premium edition and a SteelBook launch edition. The former will be priced at $89.99/CA$109.99 and is exclusive to the PS4 version with the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4" Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member--and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4" plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS' history, the entirety of the "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
The SteelBook edition will be available through pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last, for $59.99/CA$79.99. As for the PS3 version, it will release in a regular game box, and will retail for $49.99/CA$59.99. We've includes images of both versions below as a reminder of what each look like.