SNK's The King of Fighters XIV released last year to critical acclaim, although one area some people made note of was the graphics. There were good, but there was always room for improvement. And that's just what SNK has brought to the arena with their latest patch, ver 1.10.
This entry of the long-running The King of Fighters series includes 50 fighters, rendered in full 3D graphics that keeps the essence of the series's style but updates it using the new 3D aspect. The developers put a lot of effort into play testing and balancing, as well as streamlining the controls and overhauling mechanics such as Combo and Max Mode to make the game the most competitive in SNK's history. The developers also put a lot of effort into improving the netcode in this entry, utilizing the PS4's online architecture.
As far as the timeline goes, this game takes place several years following the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
Not just a graphical upgrade, the patch also brings the following updates to the title and more:
- Significant graphical improvements for the characters and other aspects
- 2 new color variations per character
- Player can now select characters or teams after each match when using the RANDOM / TEAM RANDOM options on the MEMBER SELECT screen
- On the Button Config screen, the settings for PLAYER 2 can now be saved
- 50 new profile icons added (All icons will be automatically unlocked after the update)
- 100 new Titles added (One title will be unlocked per online match after the update)
- Background Noise Sound Effects in FREE MATCH now include all 16 types (Some controls have changed as a result)
- Minor bug fixes, functionality improvements
In addition to the trailer above, we also have screenshots showcasing the improvements below.