Final Fantasy XV update 1.05 is now live, addding PS4 Pro support, new quests, higher level cap, and more.
Here's the patch notes:
- PS4 Pro console Lite Mode compatibility with a maximum of 60 FPS
- New Timed Quests (limited-time and contests)
- Higher level cap (up to Level 120)
- Increased camera roll capacity (store up to 200 photos)
- Portable music player for Chocobo rides
- Conclusion of the Moogle Chocobo Carnival
- Various bug fixes
In addition, to celebrate the upcoming release of NieR: Automata, two songs from the NieR series, titled "Weight of the World" (from NieR: Automata) and "Song of the Ancients (Fate)" from the first NieR were added to the music player.
Speaking about the PS4 Pro, a few weeks ago Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata admited that the Pro patch wouldn't offer a solid 60FPS, but added that it would still be very smooth and would always be close to 60FPS. However, it appears that it isn't the case, as Digital Foundry put the new update to the test and the result is that performance is unstable, running between 30-50 fps.
The update goes live before tomorrow's release of the "Booster Pack +", which will add the Booster Sword Weapon, the Dragon Mod fishing rod and the Aviol fishinhg rod reel. Final Fantasy XV is also getting its first story DLC and the chapter 13 update in March.