SEGA has announced Puyo Puyo Tetris will release on PS4 and Switch on the 25th of April in North America and on the 28th of April in Europe.
For those that prefer playing alone, Puyo Puyo Tetris features an Adventure mode filled tons of unique challenges and an Arcade mode that will sharpen the players' skills.
For those that prefer multiplayer, the game also offers several multiplayer modes, including the following:
- Versus: Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap: Players' abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion: A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang: It's a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party: Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
The PS4 version will be available only in a physical format for $29.99, but the Nintendo Switch version will be available both physical and digitally. The physical version will be available for $39.99 with a special launch edition that include two Puyo Puyo and Tetris themed keychains while supplies last, while the digital version will be $29.99.
The Nintendo Switch launch edition will only be available in limited quantities for pre-orders and first-run printings in the Americas.