Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts have announced that Titanfall 2's second free DLC update, Live Fire, launches today on PS4, Xbox One and PC. This update adds a new game mode called Live Fire, nem maps, faction intros, and more.
Live Fire is a new mode for Titanfall 2 with lightning fast, six-on-six Pilot action. It brings competitive, close quarters combat to the forefront. A round-based mode with no respawns, you have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. You can also win the round if your team is holding the neutral flag when the round timer ends.
In addition to Live Fire mode this update also brings:
- Mixtape Matchmaking: You'll notice a complete overhaul of the matchmaking menu. Thanks to hard work from the team and feedback from the community, this new feature will allow you to create your own "mixtape" of modes.
- Featured Playlist: Here we will be swapping out new modes each week that we think you should play, and for some of them we'll reward you with Double XP events for checking them out.
- Live Fire Maps: There will be two maps, Stacks and Meadows, that will support Live Fire mode only. Live Fire will be a limited time mode that will show up on Featured Playlists. We'll be rotating this with other modes that we want to feature.
- New Patch: There will be a large patch included with this update that will bring a plethora of game changes and fixes among many other things. We will provide patch notes online at release as well as in the Multiplayer menu FAQ.
- New Execution: Inspired by the Stim, Last Hit packs a punch and you'll see it show up with the rest of the executions in the Pilot customization options.
- New Coliseum Map: Go mano e mano in a brand-new map called Columns that adds a twist to the existing formula.
- New Factions Intros: We've added some new dialogue for faction leaders, so enjoy the new pep talk as you drop into that next match.
Source: PlayStation Blog