Developer Motion Twin has announced that Dead Cells is now available on Steam Early Access.
Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania action-platformer. You’ll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.
Dead Cells combines the progressive exploration of a Metroidvania game, with the high-stakes replayability of a Rogue-lite inspired game. Special powers are available that unlock new areas and paths, secret rooms, big boss battles and other types of character progression. Randomized loot, fluid and fast-paced combat are complementary to the replayability of rewarding permadeath game design.
Dead Cells currently features:
- 11 Levels - Each one with varied monsters, level designs and secrets to discover.
- 2 Bosses - We're really hoping to do these guys right, so go forth and destroy them.
- 50 or so weapons and skills
- 2 special powers, for unlocking new areas (metroidvania gear lock items)
- 1 Complete, fluid and fun to play combat system
- Hours of fun (depending on your skill, anything from 10 to 30 hours or more)
With the game still in Early Access, Motion Twin stated that they are planning to double the amount of content currently available, which means more levels, enemies, items, bosses and meta skills. This is a process to will take 8 months, according to the developer.
Dead Cells is priced at $16.99/£13.99/€16.99, but players who purchase the game until the 17th of May will get a 15% discount on the game.