Sonic Team has announced that its upcoming title Sonic Forces will allow players to create their own character, a feature never seen before in the Sonic series.
Just like for classic and modern Sonic, custom characters will feature its unique gameplay style. For example, custom characters have a grappling hook, which players can use to get to places quickly and travel across zones. In addition, there are several base animal types that players can choose from when creating their character. These include:
- Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
- Rabbit – Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog – Restarts with five rings after the player dies
- Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
- Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged
Sonic Forces releases this Holiday on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch.