Publisher Kalypso Media has announced that the PC beta for its upcoming strategy game Sudden Strike 4 has began today. Available to those who pre-ordered the game, the beta will run up until the game's release in August.
Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War II. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger. In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
Prove your tactical expertise in over 20 demanding single player scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode, and the competitive multiplayer mode. A new reward system rewards clever and tactical play, awarding the player with skill points and bonus content, such as historical film footage of the era.
Sudden Strike 4 offers countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmanoeuvre the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes – how you approach each mission is up to you!
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- ‘Pause and play’ system allows you to suspend the action while issuing detailed commands and manoeuvres to your units
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
Sudden Strike 4 will release for PC worldwide on the 11th of August. The PS4 version releases in Europe on the 11th of August, and on the 15th of August in North America. Those who pre-order the game will gain access to the PC beta, and also receive an exclusive multiplayer map, the game’s soundtrack, a digital download of the Sudden Strike 4 art book and the original Sudden Strike Trilogy.